Solved

How do you make a low spec PC play new awesome games? my Pc is so slow!

Anyone know how? cause when i ran Black Ops on my PC, it ran, but VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY!!!! I've been wanting to play the newest best games without lag :(


MY SPECS:
GPU: ?
RAM: 2 GB
HDD: Capacity 300 GB, Used about more than 100 GB
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics
Proccessor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50 GHz
and thats it!
Please Help! i really want to play Black Ops 2 or Ghosts!
(Plus, i already tried Gamebooster, 3D anaylazer and stuff)
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about make low spec play awesome games slow
  1. You spend money and get better hardware, no hack or booster program is going to help. It MAY give a frame or 2 here and there, but im sure you are playing games that look like slideshows. Spend cash. That really is your only option.
  2. You need a new PC.

    I'm not sure why you think there's some "fix" to play the latest games on an old low-end system. There's a reason $500 graphics cards exist.

    If you want to play modern games, you should spend $700 at least on hardware parts (case and internals) plus Windows 8.1 64-bit ($95). You'd need help picking the parts.

    If that's way beyond your budget then get a PS4. Otherwise ANGRY BIRDS is about the extent of what you can play.
  3. Quote:
    How do you make a low spec PC play new awesome games?


    By replacing everything except maybe the mouse and keyboard.
  4. What they are trying to get you to see is that your system is way too old to salvage. No new game will run on your ancient Celeron,it's that simple. You're even lucky any game with graphics is STARTING. Probably the boosters at work there. Anyways,you need AT LEAST a Pentium/FX4130 to have the processing grunt for Ghosts, which is rediculously demanding on the minimum requirements. Even then,decent 1080p gaming starts at HD7770,which is $100. Am talking steady FPS here not buttery smooth vsync locking awesomeness. That you think that rig can do anything further than navigate windows is sad.
  5. If you want to play the latest and greatest games then you're going to have to cough up some cash.

    Firstly, the HDD you have is very very limiting. You need at least 500GB - 1TB is desirable and 2TB is perfect. It's around $50 for 1TB and $100 for 2TB. Secondly, 2GB's of RAM will get you nowhere if you try and run demanding applications like modern games or even stuff like Office Word - it's basically the bare minimum. 4GB is good, 8GB would be great. If you want an amazing PC use 16GB, though that's 'overkill' in the words of some people.

    If you want integrated graphics (which is undesirable) then the latest and greatest one will be fine, but you need a dedicated GPU if you want to play at 1080p ($100 is the baseline). Intel Graphics v1.0 will get you nowhere unless you only want to play pinball, which is IMO an amazing game haha.

    The Intel Celeron is TERRIBLE, it's in my crappy laptop I currently use (which is sooo slow, part of the reason I'm building a PC myself!). Get the core i5 series from intel or something good from AMD.

    If you want to play amazing games at 1080p for cheap get a PS4, though if you want the same performance you need at least a $800 budget to build (I'm getting both a PS4 and am building a PC).


    Well, not exactly $800 for the same performance, the PS4 has special optimisations which are even better than the Mantle thing coming out on top of having 8GB of special graphics RAM on top of even more stuff, but that's a different story for discussion in other forums...
  6. Your not going to be able to play AAA titles in high def without spending around $1000, there is no "hack" to fix outdated hardware.

    You sound a bit younger so just go with a PS4 or XBOX one they are much cheaper and will suit your gaming needs ;). If not go with this build it is already proven to run new games for around the price of a new console. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5dolXyyg0

    PS: GPU = Graphics Card
  7. Best answer
    thisdugan said:
    Your not going to be able to play AAA titles in high def without spending around $1000, there is no "hack" to fix outdated hardware.

    You sound a bit younger so just go with a PS4 or XBOX one they are much cheaper and will suit your gaming needs ;). If not go with this build it is already proven to run new games for around the price of a new console. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5dolXyyg0

    PS: GPU = Graphics Card

    you actually sound like the nicest person here, although i am not able to change my solution, but you are me solution now! :D
  8. Icaraeus said:
    If you want to play the latest and greatest games then you're going to have to cough up some cash.

    Firstly, the HDD you have is very very limiting. You need at least 500GB - 1TB is desirable and 2TB is perfect. It's around $50 for 1TB and $100 for 2TB. Secondly, 2GB's of RAM will get you nowhere if you try and run demanding applications like modern games or even stuff like Office Word - it's basically the bare minimum. 4GB is good, 8GB would be great. If you want an amazing PC use 16GB, though that's 'overkill' in the words of some people.

    If you want integrated graphics (which is undesirable) then the latest and greatest one will be fine, but you need a dedicated GPU if you want to play at 1080p ($100 is the baseline). Intel Graphics v1.0 will get you nowhere unless you only want to play pinball, which is IMO an amazing game haha.

    The Intel Celeron is TERRIBLE, it's in my crappy laptop I currently use (which is sooo slow, part of the reason I'm building a PC myself!). Get the core i5 series from intel or something good from AMD.

    If you want to play amazing games at 1080p for cheap get a PS4, though if you want the same performance you need at least a $800 budget to build (I'm getting both a PS4 and am building a PC).


    Well, not exactly $800 for the same performance, the PS4 has special optimisations which are even better than the Mantle thing coming out on top of having 8GB of special graphics RAM on top of even more stuff, but that's a different story for discussion in other forums...


    You absolutely definitely do not need $800 to build a computer on par with PS4... it uses a 7850 if I'm not mistaken..
  9. plantlet said:

    You absolutely definitely do not need $800 to build a computer on par with PS4... it uses a 7850 if I'm not mistaken..


    It's actually "worse" than a 7850, though software optimisations will alleviate the performance bottleneck a little. Sony can't afford to make a risk by making another expensive console sold for a big loss again. Maybe in a couple decades, though they're in a bit of trouble as is right now.
  10. Well there is a program you need to install(whose name I forgot) to run high end games but they'll appear somewhat low definition like psx games. Also there is a mod for skyrim 5: elder scrolls that you can run on your pc.Other than that you can run gta vice city and thats the best game your pc can run.Its open world and a great game.nothing higher can run on your computer unless you run that program and even then the games look weird.
  11. you need a new pc... but you can download 3d analyzer and swift shader... you can play some games withot lag on 3d analyzer but not all :( .....and swift shader can play all games till 2015 but they will run very slow :( .....3d analyzer is better than swift shader..... :)
    here are the websites...
    3d analyzer : http://www.3dcenter.org/download/3d-analyze
    swift shader : http://crack2013.blogspot.com/2013/06/swift-shader-3-cracked-best-settings.html

    enjoy''' ;)
  12. You really don't need to spend $1000 to build a pc that would match a ps4... I can build one that would be close for about $450...

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($132.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Rosewill 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $430.42
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-05 04:34 EST-0500
  13. The PS4 has a faster GPU than the GTX 750Ti. The PS4's GPU is equivalent to a R9 270 w/ 5GB VRAM (plus optimizations). Try running Uncharted 4 on that PC at 1080p and it will be nowhere near 40fps like it's running at the moment on a PS4 (and the PS4 might even get 60fps).

    Also, PS4 processing is just as good as an Intel i5 or better (check out Ubisoft's GPGPU benchmark on PS4).
  14. ugf6 said:
    thisdugan said:
    Your not going to be able to play AAA titles in high def without spending around $1000, there is no "hack" to fix outdated hardware.

    You sound a bit younger so just go with a PS4 or XBOX one they are much cheaper and will suit your gaming needs ;). If not go with this build it is already proven to run new games for around the price of a new console. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5dolXyyg0

    PS: GPU = Graphics Card

    you actually sound like the nicest person here, although i am not able to change my solution, but you are me solution now! :D



    Changed solution due to this comment.
Ask a new question

Read More

Consoles Games Systems