Solved

is 102 C a high temp for my video card

due to my loose heatsink my graphics card temp rises upto 103 C when gaming and my cpu shutsdown is this a high temp and the reason for my cpu to shut down?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 102 high temp video card
  1. Yes, that is incredibly high and can cause permanent damage to your GPU. If possible tighten your heatsink so that it can properly dissipate heat. 103 C is hot enough to boil water.
  2. xroe said:
    Yes, that is incredibly high and can cause permanent damage to your GPU. If possible tighten your heatsink so that it can properly dissipate heat. 103 C is hot enough to boil water.

i still have 9 month rma warranty i can replace it then
  3. That would be wise to do. With temperatures that hot, it can damage the card and by extension the rest of your computer.
  4. mine was now at 90 C when i didthe gpu z render test
  5. That is still a high temperature, as is anything about 88 C.
  6. Try get a aftermarket cooler for your GPU and see if you can get better airflow throughout your system!

That will drop your temps a lot through out the system.
  7. Best answer
    If you do plan on getting an after market cooler, first check your card to make sure it isn't damage around the mounting holes as that may render the cooler useless. I would just have it RMA'd since you know that something is physically wrong with it before you spend more money on it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Graphics Cards CPUs Graphics