Sign in with
Your question
Solved

is 102 C a high temp for my video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2014 2:48:23 AM

due to my loose heatsink my graphics card temp rises upto 103 C when gaming and my cpu shutsdown is this a high temp and the reason for my cpu to shut down?
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2014 2:52:47 AM

Yes, that is incredibly high and can cause permanent damage to your GPU. If possible tighten your heatsink so that it can properly dissipate heat. 103 C is hot enough to boil water.
m
l
January 15, 2014 2:54:38 AM

xroe said:
Yes, that is incredibly high and can cause permanent damage to your GPU. If possible tighten your heatsink so that it can properly dissipate heat. 103 C is hot enough to boil water.

i still have 9 month rma warranty i can replace it then
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2014 2:56:08 AM

That would be wise to do. With temperatures that hot, it can damage the card and by extension the rest of your computer.
m
l
January 15, 2014 3:04:13 AM

mine was now at 90 C when i didthe gpu z render test
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2014 3:06:35 AM

That is still a high temperature, as is anything about 88 C.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2014 3:10:53 AM

Try get a aftermarket cooler for your GPU and see if you can get better airflow throughout your system!

That will drop your temps a lot through out the system.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2014 3:16:10 AM

If you do plan on getting an after market cooler, first check your card to make sure it isn't damage around the mounting holes as that may render the cooler useless. I would just have it RMA'd since you know that something is physically wrong with it before you spend more money on it.
!