Solved

Best Gaming Monitor under $400?

Looking to get a new 24" monitor, mostly for gaming. I have about $400 to spend. What's the best monitor out there right now with that budget in mind? I'm torn between a few, but I'd like to see what you guys have to say.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming monitor 400
  1. well for you does a gaming montior mean high refest rate and low response rat?, does it mean great color and veiwing angle? high resolution? also what are your specs
  2. That's a good question. I've always used cheap 60hz monitors in the past. Viewing angle doesn't matter so much since I'll be looking at it head on. I just want something that'll wow me.

    Specs:

    AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650Ti 2GB
  3. i woul recoment this as the color and relution should wow you http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236287 though at full 1980-1200 you gpu might strugle
  4. So you think that 120hz isn't needed?
  5. no you would even get that kind of fps with that viedocard and the only 120hz monitor i know of that does not have bad collor and contrast is out of your price range slightlyu the benq xl2420te
  6. Ha, that monitor was actually at the top of my list.

    Is my video card no good? Maybe I should upgrade that as well?
  7. Best answer
    Hey Tommy Wiseau!
    I would actually suggest the Asus VG248QE. It's an amazing monitor. It's around 300$ and has 1ms response time, 144hz which allow for super smooth video and and a Full HD screen. It is probably the best monitor on the market. Its somewhat cheaper then the benq xl2420te but it provides the same performance maybe better. I would highly recommend you to check it out.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313
  8. Tommy Wiseau said:
    Ha, that monitor was actually at the top of my list.

    Is my video card no good? Maybe I should upgrade that as well?


    Also the 650ti is a nice card but if you had the money for it I would upgrade it to a 660 ti if you want to play more modern games and higher resolutions.
  9. Alright, I've decided. I'll go with the Asus.

    I also bought the 780ti. This is all your fault V0RTEX!!!
  10. Tommy Wiseau said:
    Alright, I've decided. I'll go with the Asus.

    I also bought the 780ti. This is all your fault V0RTEX!!!


    You're going to have a great build. Hopefully it didn't increase the price of the build too much because of the cheaper monitor. If you did infact buy a 780 it will be godly. Anyways good luck on your build.
  11. V0RTEX said:
    Tommy Wiseau said:
    Alright, I've decided. I'll go with the Asus.

    I also bought the 780ti. This is all your fault V0RTEX!!!


    You're going to have a great build. Hopefully it didn't increase the price of the build too much because of the cheaper monitor. If you did infact buy a 780 it will be godly. Anyways good luck on your build.


    Doubled the price! But hey, life is short. ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Peripherals Gaming Monitors