I purchased NOCTUA NH-U14S Fan & Intel i7 4770K Processor.
My question is do I need to apply thermal paste on the top of i7 processor chip
and also do I need to apply thermal paste on the bottom of Noctua NH-U14S fan ?
Is there any link which shows how better I can apply the thermal paste on the Noctua NH-U14S fan.
Also I purchased separate extra fan for the Noctua NH-U14S.This normally comes with a
fan mounted to its left.I purchased a fan for the right side as well.
Now my question is , will it be advisable to fix the right side fan first
and then install the FAN onto the CPU board or after installing the cooler onto the CPU board do I need to fix the other right fan ?
1. Fasten CPU to motherboard.
2. Attach back plate to motherboard.
3. Apply fan to right side of CPU cooler.
4. Apply thermal paste to the top of CPU (one 3mm dot, smear it around if you want).
5. Place and fasten CPU cooler on CPU and motherboard.
6. Plug in fans to respective connections on motherboard.