Solved

Monitor/USB Ports not working

Hello, I bought a new case and transferred everything into it. When I power it up all the fans and LEDS turn on but there's no activity on the monitor and my keyboard/mouse won't work. I've read previous post's on this issue and tried to troubleshoot it with the suggestions on there and nothing has worked. I was wondering, maybe I need a new PSU or motherboard?

Mobo: AMD RS880M05
CPU: Phenom II X4 820(2.8GHZ)
GPU : ASUS R7 250 - 1GB 128 BIt (Also have integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 Graphics)
6GB RAM
2 Hard Drives , 1 DVD Read/Writer
300 W PSU
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor usb ports working
  1. You have the monitor connected to the GPU not the motherboard right?

    Also which USB ports do not work? The motherboard ones or the case ones?
  2. I've tried connecting the monitor to the GPU and the motherboard, neither worked. None of USB ports work, motherboard nor case.
  3. You need to connect the monitor to the GPU NOT the motherboard.

    Also, did you install the motherboard standoffs in the new case?
  4. tiny voices said:
    You need to connect the monitor to the GPU NOT the motherboard.

    Also, did you install the motherboard standoffs in the new case?


    I have tried that but no luck. Damn, I'm pretty sure I didn't. I'm guessing that could have caused an electrical shortage?
  5. YEs, the motherboard could be fried. Reinstall it with the standoffs and try then.
  6. tiny voices said:
    YEs, the motherboard could be fried. Reinstall it with the standoffs and try then.


    So I installed the standoffs and still no activity on the monitor, but now when I plug in my mouse the red laser does turn on for a second and then it goes out. Any clue what that could mean?
  7. Best answer
    You may have fried the board. are you 100% positive everything is wired up properly?
  8. tiny voices said:
    You may have fried the board. are you 100% positive everything is wired up properly?


    Yea, now if the mobo was fried would the fans and gpu fan turn on? If its not that maybe 300 W is not enough power?
  9. If it does the same thing when you remove the GPU and try it on integrated graphics, then it has nothing to do with the power.
  10. tiny voices said:
    If it does the same thing when you remove the GPU and try it on integrated graphics, then it has nothing to do with the power.


    Well I'll just get a new motherboard and try it out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Monitors Motherboards Systems