770 Sli Poor performance

merkwier

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Hey guys, I recently added a second 770 to my rig and so far I'm thoroughly unimpressed. When running one card in BF4 i get around 90-96% GPU usage, however when i add the second card, i only get about 40% usage out of each one. Infact, my FPS is WORSE with SLI enabled. I am running the latest drivers, but besides that, i don't really know anything else to do. My only thought is that it may be a windows 7 issue and perhaps i need to go to windows 8 :(

i5 4670k
samsung 840 PRO
ASUS Z87 sabertooth
Win 7

Thanks

Solution
Shenzhen Gatsway Worldlink Card-Tech Co. Ltd. as one of the professional card manufacturers, we pay much emphasis on the quality by selecting the best raw materials, being equipped with excellence devices and training employees strictly. We have gained certificate from SGS. Besides, our product features low price with high quality.

Having cooperated with china mobile, China telecom and China Unicom for many years, our company has accumulated much experience for card design, so that we can customize products according to your demands. We also promise that our delivery won`t be delayed.

The order process is as follows. Firstly, our customers should address an inquiry and then provides manuscript or authorize us to do design. After that...

kreater

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Hey, unfortunately i don't know what your problem is. But I can safely say 770 SLI for me works great and i gain a considerable amount of performance in most games.

I haven't played BF4. Is this the only game you've tried? Maybe SLI is just badly optimized for the game and needs a driver update (again there might already be 1, I have not played the game.)

merkwier

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
I have the Corsair HX850 PSU. In Battlefield i am getting about 50-60 fps on ultra preset. CPU usage is around 90-95% I believe that there is also micro stuttering happening.

Black Ops 2, 40-60% GPU usage and about 60-70% CPU usage. with nearly no FPS gain

leeb2013

Honorable
if your CPU is at 90-95% then it would seem like bottlenecking. I find my I5-3570k at 4.4GHz can be pushed up to 95% in BF4 if I don't limit the fps to 60, even at 60fps it's still 60-80%. Another test would be to underclock your CPU to see if the fps drop. If so, then it's your CPU.

If I run my 3570k at the normal 3.4GHz, ,my 7950 crossfire will give around 80fps, but they are still only 60% utilised. If I bump the CPU to 4.4GHz, I get around 100fps, but with the GPUs still 70-80%. That's why I think it's your CPU.

merkwier

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012

Why would i be getting LESS fps though?

kofiluddin

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Shenzhen Gatsway Worldlink Card-Tech Co. Ltd. as one of the professional card manufacturers, we pay much emphasis on the quality by selecting the best raw materials, being equipped with excellence devices and training employees strictly. We have gained certificate from SGS. Besides, our product features low price with high quality.

Having cooperated with china mobile, China telecom and China Unicom for many years, our company has accumulated much experience for card design, so that we can customize products according to your demands. We also promise that our delivery won`t be delayed.

The order process is as follows. Firstly, our customers should address an inquiry and then provides manuscript or authorize us to do design. After that, we will negotiate about the delivery cycle, packing and other details with you before signing a contract. Afterwards, customers should pay the front money and we will complete the products in proper time. Finally, customers should pay the final payment, and we will pvc card printer provide after-service.

Solution