Sign in with
Your question

USB Port plug-in shuts down IBM Thinkpad T40

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 15, 2014 1:46:44 PM

I just found an IBM Thinkpad T40 laptop with no operating system installed. It's a little dirty, but I can easily wipe it off. When I turned it on for the first time, it shows the regular "no operating system" screen, so I decided to install one via USB port. So I turn it off, then plug it in to the top USB port. When I turned it back on, however, All of the lights started flashing for every half second or something like that, but it flashes at a set interval. All of them except for the Cylinder looking one and the Wifi tower at the far left. I thought that maybe it's a faulty USB Port, so I turned it off and plugged it in the bottom. This time, nothing showed up. Even when I unplugged the USB flash drive, nothing. Just like a dead button. Everything's plugged in and I tried the static discharge tecnique, but nothing. Also, if it helps, when the lights flash, nothing is on the screen and each time they flash, there's a little tick, like a fast clock or a match trying to be struck. Another thing is that there is this green mother-board looking thing with a big disk battery inside it, don't know if it affects anything, but I don't know how to plug it back in. Please help, I really need this laptop.
a b D Laptop
January 15, 2014 2:34:20 PM

how about you use the ODD?
m
l
!