FX-8320 Overclokc and Vcore LoadLine Calibration

TomTom111

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hello,
I have the gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 4.0 motherboard.
I am overclocking the FX-8320
Through searching the overclock settings, i came across the Vcore Loadline Calibration setting.
What i learned about this is it basically doesn't let the voltages change from idle to load.

Now in the bios, the settings when changed when hitting + on the num pad change in this order...
Auto, Normal, Extreme, Medium, Low and Standard.

My question is this, when changing those settings, how do i know which is doing which?
Being one is allowing the voltage to change approximately .1 to .2 volts at a time, or not at all!

Sorry for the noobish question, but i am not able to find an answer online pertaining to this mobo and those settings.

Thanks as always.

Solution
im not sure, you can tweak it with each setting and see which is most stable. as far as i know everyone puts its at auto or extreme (for me i have auto, enabled, disabled.) i only get stable with auto or enabled. most guides will say extreme if you can..you wont know for sure, even if there is an answer floating around on the web, until you try it yourself in your rig
im not sure, you can tweak it with each setting and see which is most stable. as far as i know everyone puts its at auto or extreme (for me i have auto, enabled, disabled.) i only get stable with auto or enabled. most guides will say extreme if you can..you wont know for sure, even if there is an answer floating around on the web, until you try it yourself in your rig

Solution

TomTom111

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
For anyone who stumbles upon this thread later on with the same issue...
I played with the VLLC settings a bit and this is what i saw...
How i listed the settings before (Normal, Extreme, Medium, Low and Standard), they basically are 1-5 from left to right.
1 being the least amount of v-drop, and requiring the better rated PSU.
And 5 being the least PSU demanding, and allowing the voltage to vary widely around what the voltage setting you put in the BIOS.