Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this thing future proof?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 15, 2014 6:16:47 PM

Ok, so before everyone starts posting their comments about how i need to invest, just hear me out. I recently built a new computer. I realize it is not the best that there is but it's very good right now. It can max 90% out right now at 1080p around 60 fps. The other 10% can run at high to ultra 1080p 50fps and up.

My Specs
AMD FX6300 3.5ghz 6 core
Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 overclock edition
Asus m5897 mobo
8gb of RAM.

I realize a better GPU and CPU would be better. but i don't really want to spend more money on new parts right now.

So my question is, how well will this console be able to play games in 1080p for the next 3-5 years. I realize i would prob have to turn it down a bit. But I honestly feel that this system will last me that long, on high to ultra settings.

Things to consider:
My GPU is better than the ps4 and XBone's GPUs, and those things are meant to last like 10 years. so wouldn't mine last at least like 3 or 5.

also my cpu is 6 cores and 3.5 ghz. hardly any games even use a 6 core cpu yet.

Also i want to avoid overclocking as much as i can.

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant, or cocky, but i just really need a good answer. Everyone else in other threads, just go like: upgrade... ITS LIKE THAT DOESN'T HELP

More about : thing future proof

a c 290 4 Gaming
January 15, 2014 6:20:56 PM

1-2 years and new games will come out demanding more power but still playable at lowered settings. In all reality as long as you are happy with the performance it will last.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2014 6:23:19 PM

FX 6300 and HD 7870 is a good combination . i just dont like the brand of the video card.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2014 6:23:29 PM

It will be future proof for maybe the next 1 year, but really and fx 6300 and 7870 will only get you up to 1080p gaming. You will need more power if you want to play at 4k resolution or multi-monitor setups.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2014 6:26:26 PM

squidmam12 said:
Ok, so before everyone starts posting their comments about how i need to invest, just hear me out. I recently built a new computer. I realize it is not the best that there is but it's very good right now. It can max 90% out right now at 1080p around 60 fps. The other 10% can run at high to ultra 1080p 50fps and up.

My Specs
AMD FX6300 3.5ghz 6 core
Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 overclock edition
Asus m5897 mobo
8gb of RAM.

I realize a better GPU and CPU would be better. but i don't really want to spend more money on new parts right now.

So my question is, how well will this console be able to play games in 1080p for the next 3-5 years. I realize i would prob have to turn it down a bit. But I honestly feel that this system will last me that long, on high to ultra settings.

Things to consider:
My GPU is better than the ps4 and XBone's GPUs, and those things are meant to last like 10 years. so wouldn't mine last at least like 3 or 5.

also my cpu is 6 cores and 3.5 ghz. hardly any games even use a 6 core cpu yet.

Also i want to avoid overclocking as much as i can.

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant, or cocky, but i just really need a good answer. Everyone else in other threads, just go like: upgrade... ITS LIKE THAT DOESN'T HELP


Yes your system is more powerful than consoles, but the games for computers are programmed different. Also you have the ability to make the graphics better due to the hardware being used. Look at it this way the faster tech evolves, the faster we need to upgrade our machines. Because manufactures of game titles will try and take advantage of the new tech as well. So 3 years, no problem. 5 years you will bee turning it down quite abit. Unless the do make it so games take full advantage of our CPU instead of our GPU's, enjoy...
Share
January 15, 2014 7:41:31 PM

Thanks everyone!
m
0
l
!