Solved

Do I have to reactivate windows after V-Card Change?

Gi guys. I'm planning to swap out my current GPU (GT220... I know...) with a new one (HD7790 TurboDuo OC). I'm just wondering, if I swap out the old Vcard with the new one, Do i have to reactivate windows? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit BTW.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about reactivate windows card change
  1. Nope, you don't. :)
  2. tshrjain said:
    Nope, you don't. :)


    So when I boot my PC up again after the change i just install the new drivers?

    Cause for some reason this guy here had to reactivate windows... :??:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YRlO-55njI
  3. Best answer
    Yeah, after you boot up, windows will automatically install the drivers for your card. (Or you'll have to do it manually). But you won't need to re activate windows.
  4. tshrjain said:
    Yeah, after you boot up, windows will automatically install the drivers for your card. (Or you'll have to do it manually). But you won't need to re activate windows.


    Ok then thanks a lot!
  5. d2cjdude said:
    tshrjain said:
    Yeah, after you boot up, windows will automatically install the drivers for your card. (Or you'll have to do it manually). But you won't need to re activate windows.


    Ok then thanks a lot!


    Which version of windows do you have by the way. The guy in video is running Windows XP and there can be a re activation prompt in XP. But not in Vista or higher.
  6. tshrjain said:
    d2cjdude said:
    tshrjain said:
    Yeah, after you boot up, windows will automatically install the drivers for your card. (Or you'll have to do it manually). But you won't need to re activate windows.


    Ok then thanks a lot!


    Which version of windows do you have by the way. The guy in video is running Windows XP and there can be a re activation prompt in XP. But not in Vista or higher.


    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit.
  7. d2cjdude said:

    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit.


    Then you got nothing to worry about. Go ahead and change it :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows GPUs Systems Windows 7