Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

sapphire R9 280x toxic , i heard this card has a lot of problems

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 16, 2014 4:47:41 AM

wanting to buy this card but heard it has a lot of problem like artifacting and flickering issue? does anyone dont have this problem with this card or already solve it? sapphire toxic

Best solution

January 16, 2014 4:52:02 AM

yes There a couple of problems,like screen flickering,green lines.but they are problems of GPU,so GPU can be replaced

Problems are Mainly Due To Drivers Every one is waiting for AMD Catalyst 14.1 Drivers which will be

released in Q1,2014.Hope it fixes all problems
Share
January 16, 2014 4:54:35 AM

Its not just that card, I have 7970 CrossFire and it does the same thing. They need to fix the drivers. 14.1 should fix them all, but we will see
m
0
l
Related resources
January 16, 2014 4:57:58 AM

should? does that mean amd said it? can anyone give me alink for that driver info and release date? thanks
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 4:59:28 AM

No, I think you heard wrong. It definitely doesn't have "Lot of Problems". It has few like screen tearing while browsing (very rare) and screen flickering (rare) but not uncommon in gpus. But their new matured drivers will hopefully solve those problems. I own Gigabyte r9 280x, none problem found so far and I am able to ultra any game I wan't with constant 60 FPS with some aa on 1080p.
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 5:01:35 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
No, I think you heard wrong. It definitely doesn't have "Lot of Problems". It has few like screen tearing while browsing (very rare) and screen flickering (rare) but not uncommon in gpus. But their new matured drivers will hopefully solve those problems. I own Gigabyte r9 280x, none problem found so far and I am able to ultra any game I wan't with constant 60 FPS with some aa on 1080p.


woops forgot to tell that its the toxic version from sapphire
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 5:15:38 AM

Beepbupbob said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
No, I think you heard wrong. It definitely doesn't have "Lot of Problems". It has few like screen tearing while browsing (very rare) and screen flickering (rare) but not uncommon in gpus. But their new matured drivers will hopefully solve those problems. I own Gigabyte r9 280x, none problem found so far and I am able to ultra any game I wan't with constant 60 FPS with some aa on 1080p.


woops forgot to tell that its the toxic version from sapphire

Doesn't matter, if you are thinking of getting toxic r9 280x then go for it. It simply outperforms other r9 280xs and gtx 770. And most probably you wouldn't get that problems you mentioned. Even if you did, they will be fixed soon with newer drivers.
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 6:06:33 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
Beepbupbob said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
No, I think you heard wrong. It definitely doesn't have "Lot of Problems". It has few like screen tearing while browsing (very rare) and screen flickering (rare) but not uncommon in gpus. But their new matured drivers will hopefully solve those problems. I own Gigabyte r9 280x, none problem found so far and I am able to ultra any game I wan't with constant 60 FPS with some aa on 1080p.


woops forgot to tell that its the toxic version from sapphire

Doesn't matter, if you are thinking of getting toxic r9 280x then go for it. It simply outperforms other r9 280xs and gtx 770. And most probably you wouldn't get that problems you mentioned. Even if you did, they will be fixed soon with newer drivers.


i have a 600 watt psu is that enough for the gpu? and my cpu is fx 8350 stock with 4 ddr3 ram
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 7:07:20 AM

600watts (assuming from a good brand) will be fine, your 4gb ram could bottleneck soon though
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 7:09:38 AM

hypergon said:
600watts (assuming from a good brand) will be fine, your 4gb ram could bottleneck soon though


its a cm m2 80+ bronze and i meant 4 sticks hehe

m
0
l
January 16, 2014 7:37:52 AM

Beepbupbob said:
hypergon said:
600watts (assuming from a good brand) will be fine, your 4gb ram could bottleneck soon though


its a cm m2 80+ bronze and i meant 4 sticks hehe


If you have 4 sticks of 4 gb ram then easily you can ultra any game with fx 8350 and r9 280x toxic. Cheers!
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 7:47:29 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
Beepbupbob said:
hypergon said:
600watts (assuming from a good brand) will be fine, your 4gb ram could bottleneck soon though


its a cm m2 80+ bronze and i meant 4 sticks hehe


If you have 4 sticks of 4 gb ram then easily you can ultra any game with fx 8350 and r9 280x toxic. Cheers!


hope so :) 
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 7:51:34 AM

I ordered toxic myself aswell. Despite the fact flickering and artifacts issues are common, and gtx 770 is almost as good as toxic, I ordered it anyway...I just hope I'm not gonna regret it
m
0
l
January 17, 2014 12:10:17 AM

Wort said:
I ordered toxic myself aswell. Despite the fact flickering and artifacts issues are common, and gtx 770 is almost as good as toxic, I ordered it anyway...I just hope I'm not gonna regret it


can you tell me the results? hehe right now im thinking of buying my friend's 7970 xfx and put a kraken g10 with it and overclocking it my self
m
0
l
!