Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

is my cpu bottlenecking my pc?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 16, 2014 4:43:01 PM

ive been recieving some lag spikes while i play games such as LoL,ever since i upgraded to a gt620 i was notecing these lag spikes,me not knowing enough about computers thought that it must be the gpu, i just got a new gigabyte gt630 but the problem is still there.
My Pc specs:
GPU:Nvidia GT 630
CPU:amd sempron 140 2.7 gh
Power supply:corsair cx 500w
Ram and mother board were taken from a hp pavilion desktop but the ramm shows up as 3.50 gb

More about : cpu bottlenecking

a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 4:49:11 PM

Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 4:49:14 PM

oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 16, 2014 5:29:47 PM

whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 5:35:24 PM

BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 5:41:42 PM

lmaonade200 said:
oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?


whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !


the load is around 50-60 for the gpu with temps around 50c
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 5:48:40 PM

BSunketsu said:
lmaonade200 said:
oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?


whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !


the load is around 50-60 for the gpu with temps around 50c


if the cpu is running at 100% , then .100 -60=40% bottleneck !
Share
January 16, 2014 6:16:56 PM

whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
lmaonade200 said:
oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?


whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !


the load is around 50-60 for the gpu with temps around 50c


if the cpu is running at 100% , then .100 -60=40% bottleneck !


thanks,im going to buy a new amd athalon multi core processor tommorrow, ill buy the ram at a later date,any recomendations?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 6:22:55 PM

BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
lmaonade200 said:
oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?


whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !


the load is around 50-60 for the gpu with temps around 50c


if the cpu is running at 100% , then .100 -60=40% bottleneck !


thanks,im going to buy a new amd athalon multi core processor tommorrow, ill buy the ram at a later date,any recomendations?


Can you tell me which mobo you have . Might run CPU Z to see this info ..i am thinking of Athlon II X4 740 but it must be checked . it depends on the mobo .
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 6:49:21 PM

whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
lmaonade200 said:
oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?


whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !


the load is around 50-60 for the gpu with temps around 50c


if the cpu is running at 100% , then .100 -60=40% bottleneck !


thanks,im going to buy a new amd athalon multi core processor tommorrow, ill buy the ram at a later date,any recomendations?


Can you tell me which mobo you have . Might run CPU Z to see this info ..i am thinking of Athlon II X4 740 but it must be checked . it depends on the mobo .


its a m2n68-la mother board
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 7:05:12 PM

BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
lmaonade200 said:
oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?


whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !


the load is around 50-60 for the gpu with temps around 50c


if the cpu is running at 100% , then .100 -60=40% bottleneck !


thanks,im going to buy a new amd athalon multi core processor tommorrow, ill buy the ram at a later date,any recomendations?


Can you tell me which mobo you have . Might run CPU Z to see this info ..i am thinking of Athlon II X4 740 but it must be checked . it depends on the mobo .


its a m2n68-la mother board


here is the list of all supported processors if it is HP mobo - Narra 6
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=bg&lc=en...

so
.some strong ones are
Phenom IIX4 940 .
Phenom IIX4 945.
Phenom IIX4 955
Athlon X4 645 -$74
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-adx645wfk42gm
AMD II Athlon X4 645 is 5x faster than Sempron 140
Phenom IIX4 945 is up to 5x faster than Sempron 140

Attention ! they should be with tdp not bigger than 95W .Get these versions , not 125W.

Get Athlon X4 645 for $74 . it is still sslling
But make sure , your mobo is HP -Narra 6 , before getting something

if the mobo is only Narra
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=bg&lc=en...
the options are not very good
there is Narra 3 .too
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=bg&lc=en...

tests
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

http://www.google.bg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=we...
http://www.google.bg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=we...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 10:49:07 PM

I'd recommend the Phenom II X4 940, it's a decent quad core as the Phenoms are pretty strong processors and make great budget solutions even today. And you can overclock it up to 955 levels anyway
m
0
l
January 17, 2014 3:59:27 PM

whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
lmaonade200 said:
oh my lol an AMD Sempron, yeah I'd imagine that that's the cause of your issues, but it may be solved with software solutions, have you updated your graphics drivers?


whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Run GPU Z and you ll see it yourself .if the load is less than 100% -yes


i checked my cpu and the load is 100% and the temp stays at about 70c


Check the load of the video card by GPU Z !


the load is around 50-60 for the gpu with temps around 50c


if the cpu is running at 100% , then .100 -60=40% bottleneck !


thanks,im going to buy a new amd athalon multi core processor tommorrow, ill buy the ram at a later date,any recomendations?


Can you tell me which mobo you have . Might run CPU Z to see this info ..i am thinking of Athlon II X4 740 but it must be checked . it depends on the mobo .


its a m2n68-la mother board


here is the list of all supported processors if it is HP mobo - Narra 6
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=bg&lc=en...

so
.some strong ones are
Phenom IIX4 940 .
Phenom IIX4 945.
Phenom IIX4 955
Athlon X4 645 -$74
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-adx645wfk42gm
AMD II Athlon X4 645 is 5x faster than Sempron 140
Phenom IIX4 945 is up to 5x faster than Sempron 140

Attention ! they should be with tdp not bigger than 95W .Get these versions , not 125W.

Get Athlon X4 645 for $74 . it is still sslling
But make sure , your mobo is HP -Narra 6 , before getting something

if the mobo is only Narra
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=bg&lc=en...
the options are not very good
there is Narra 3 .too
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=bg&lc=en...

tests
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

http://www.google.bg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=we...
http://www.google.bg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=we...


my mobo is a narra6,is a AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4 GHz 2x1 MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor good for this mobo and gaming?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 17, 2014 4:10:58 PM

Q:my mobo is a narra6,is a AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4 GHz 2x1 MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor good for this mobo and gaming?

2 core processor for gaming !?
if the mobo is narra6 , get
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-adx645wfk42gm
m
0
l
January 17, 2014 4:53:35 PM

whitecat said:
Q:my mobo is a narra6,is a AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4 GHz 2x1 MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor good for this mobo and gaming?

2 core processor for gaming !?
if the mobo is narra6 , get
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-adx645wfk42gm


how about a AMD ATHLON X4 Processor AD740XOKHJBOX
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 17, 2014 5:11:19 PM

BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Q:my mobo is a narra6,is a AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4 GHz 2x1 MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor good for this mobo and gaming?

2 core processor for gaming !?
if the mobo is narra6 , get
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-adx645wfk42gm


how about a AMD ATHLON X4 Processor AD740XOKHJBOX


It is socket FM2 , not AM3
m
0
l
January 17, 2014 5:53:22 PM

whitecat said:
BSunketsu said:
whitecat said:
Q:my mobo is a narra6,is a AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4 GHz 2x1 MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor good for this mobo and gaming?

2 core processor for gaming !?
if the mobo is narra6 , get
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-adx645wfk42gm


how about a AMD ATHLON X4 Processor AD740XOKHJBOX


It is socket FM2 , not AM3


well for now i think im going to go with the athalon x2 dual core, im just going to use it for LoL and source games,not anithing that graphics intesive,i will upgrade to another cpu in the future with a new mobo
m
0
l
!