Need help with r9 270 overclock

Koobs

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hello, I have a sapphire r9 270 graphics card at stock clocks, and I was wondering how much I could overclock it with my antec 450w psu? also my cpu is at stock clocks as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Specs
MB: Asrock H61m DGS
CPU: I5 3570k
GPU: Sapphire r9 270
RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8gb 1600mhz

Solution

In catalyst control center enter the AMD Overdrive. After that, you will se your clocks. You can also use MSI afterburner.

Anyway, after that, just turn up the know on your core or memory clock. I like to push it 25mhz and then benchmark it. Or just play demanding games Like Crysis 3. If it works, close the game and increase another 25mhz. When you'll go over the limit or reach it, your games will start crashing.

Be...

gustafangus

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

In catalyst control center enter the AMD Overdrive. After that, you will se your clocks. You can also use MSI afterburner.

Anyway, after that, just turn up the know on your core or memory clock. I like to push it 25mhz and then benchmark it. Or just play demanding games Like Crysis 3. If it works, close the game and increase another 25mhz. When you'll go over the limit or reach it, your games will start crashing.

Be warned, though, I don't know how much you can overclock on that PSU, but I'd say quite some. Make sure you monitor your temps with something like Speedfan so you don't burn it, but on stock you probably won't.

Solution