Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New build was starting and now wont

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 16, 2014 8:05:38 PM

I have just completed a new build with these parts: http:/pcpartpicker.com/user/Sandarac/saved/3nEx

I pressed the power button for the first time and the computer booted, started to go through the windows boot (on the hard drive from my old computer which I will be reusing), and then crashed and tried to boot again. This happened about three times before I turned the computer off and searched for the reason.

I found that old hard drives usually need to be wiped due to processor issues. The hard drive was originally in an intel core 2 duo computer and is now in and AMD FX-8350 computer. So I started the computer this time with my flash drive plugged in, booted to the usb drive to do a clean install, the computer started to load windows 8.1 and then the screen went black. When this happened the red cpu led turned on on the mother board. I have followed many check lists, updated the BIOS, and reassembled the computer three times.

It was working and then the cpu led came on when I tried to do a clean install. Any suggesting? I have no idea what could be causing this.

More about : build starting wont

a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 8:15:04 PM

Do you have a case speaker installed? If so, it should put out an error code in the form of a series of beeps, look that up in the mobo's manual. If not, try installing one. Also make sure your RAM is fully seated.
m
0
l
January 16, 2014 8:21:38 PM

DiaSin said:
Do you have a case speaker installed? If so, it should put out an error code in the form of a series of beeps, look that up in the mobo's manual. If not, try installing one. Also make sure your RAM is fully seated.


Thanks for the response. The ram is definitely fully seated. So I will go pick up a case speaker in morning. Any idea why the light would just come on when I attempted the clean install?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 8:30:45 PM

Sandarac said:
DiaSin said:
Do you have a case speaker installed? If so, it should put out an error code in the form of a series of beeps, look that up in the mobo's manual. If not, try installing one. Also make sure your RAM is fully seated.


Thanks for the response. The ram is definitely fully seated. So I will go pick up a case speaker in morning. Any idea why the light would just come on when I attempted the clean install?


My best guess is that something is not communication with something else properly, hopefully it will spit out an error code saying what that something is.

m
0
l
January 16, 2014 8:33:29 PM

DiaSin said:
Sandarac said:
DiaSin said:
Do you have a case speaker installed? If so, it should put out an error code in the form of a series of beeps, look that up in the mobo's manual. If not, try installing one. Also make sure your RAM is fully seated.


Thanks for the response. The ram is definitely fully seated. So I will go pick up a case speaker in morning. Any idea why the light would just come on when I attempted the clean install?


My best guess is that something is not communication with something else properly, hopefully it will spit out an error code saying what that something is.



Okay, I've been looking online and I can't seem to find anywhere that sells case speakers. Besides for ordering one where can I buy one tomorrow. I would rather not wait to have one shipped.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 16, 2014 8:36:58 PM

I really cannot answer that beyond saying that a Micro-Center or Frys Electronics would have one, but as I do not have anyone that sells ANY internal PC components in my area anymore after circuit city went bankrupt and then best-buy closed (actually yeah, if you still have one of those they MAY have one on the PC Parts aisle) , I really have no experience actually buying parts in a store.

As for online, newegg sells them for 5 bucks ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) but you can get them far cheaper on ebay if you want to wait a bit longer just to save $2-3.
Share
!