Is the 780 Ti really worth it?

Solution
alright in that case the 780ti will exactly do what you want at 1080p.
i still advise against spending that much on a graphics card, simply because going over the 60fps at maxed out graphics settings at 1080p really won't make your gaming experience that much better since most monitors have 60hz (same as 60 fps) refresh rate. unless you plan to have more than 1 monitor and/or your monitor has greater refresh rate than 60hz.

friedricezilla

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
really depends on what your doing with the video card. please be more specific, like your monitor resolution, what you plan to do with the computer, do you expect to play absolutely maxed out graphics on any game, etc....

VanillaSprinkles

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

I just want to use it to max out the settings on almost any game I throw at it. My monitor resolution is 1920x1080p.

honestly, right now it's not even that bad of a deal considering the performance jump over every other card on the market right now. personally i have the 780, and the only game i can't max is ac4, but this is primarily due to poor optimization in the game. otherwise the 780 maxes everything that the 770 couldnt at the moment.

friedricezilla

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
alright in that case the 780ti will exactly do what you want at 1080p.
i still advise against spending that much on a graphics card, simply because going over the 60fps at maxed out graphics settings at 1080p really won't make your gaming experience that much better since most monitors have 60hz (same as 60 fps) refresh rate. unless you plan to have more than 1 monitor and/or your monitor has greater refresh rate than 60hz.

Solution
so as far as what games are out right now, no, the 780 ti is not worth it for 1080p gaming.
in a few months however, with newer games coming out, it may very well be that little bit extra that you will need to max the newer games, and hopefully by the time it is actually needed, it will come down slightly in price

HeptTech

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
The 780ti is the fastest single gpu in the world atm. Why have a title like that and not be able to max out every game ? Especially at 1080p. That card will consume anything you throw at it with 1080p.
Now is it worth it?
Are you willing to pay is the real question...