Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need advice for the replacement laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
January 17, 2014 4:36:42 PM

Hello all,

I had problems with my current laptop and was able to get a replacement from my HP case manager. I am wondering if the replacement laptop is a good replacement for my current laptop. Thanks in advance.

Original:
HP ENVY 15z
Windows 8 64
AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor
AMD Radeon HD 8750M + HD 8000 Series Dual Graphics
15.6-inch diagonal Full HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1920x1080)
8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
No Additional Office Software
No additional security software
6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
No Internal DVD or CD Drive
Backlit Keyboard
HP TrueVision HD Webcam w/ integrated digital mic
802.11b/g/n WLAN

Replacement:
HP ENVY 15z-j100 Notebook PC
Windows 8.1 64
AMD Quad-Core A10-5750M Accelerated Processor
2GB AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 8750M Discrete
15.6-inch diagonal Full HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1920x1080)
12GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
No Additional Office Software
Security Software Trial
6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
No Internal DVD or CD Drive
Backlit Keyboard
HP TrueVision HD Webcam w/ integrated digital mic
802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth® [1x1]
a b D Laptop
January 18, 2014 9:51:34 AM

In the original one, you had dual Graphics (Integrated 8550G + Discrete 8750M), but, in the replacement, you have only the discrete graphics (only 8750M). However, it won't create any significant difference, as their performance is quite similar, and is dependent on the discrete graphics, i.e., 8750M.
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:39:07 PM

vinaykumar5320 said:
In the original one, you had dual Graphics (Integrated 8550G + Discrete 8750M), but, in the replacement, you have only the discrete graphics (only 8750M). However, it won't create any significant difference, as their performance is quite similar, and is dependent on the discrete graphics, i.e., 8750M.


Thank You for replying. When I go check back the integrated graphics, it is 8650G. If the performance is very similar, then I will accept the replacement. Getting a 12GB RAM instead of 8GB and bluetooth on my replacement is nice.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b D Laptop
January 19, 2014 12:03:42 PM

kenryu1986 said:
vinaykumar5320 said:
In the original one, you had dual Graphics (Integrated 8550G + Discrete 8750M), but, in the replacement, you have only the discrete graphics (only 8750M). However, it won't create any significant difference, as their performance is quite similar, and is dependent on the discrete graphics, i.e., 8750M.


Thank You for replying. When I go check back the integrated graphics, it is 8650G. If the performance is very similar, then I will accept the replacement. Getting a 12GB RAM instead of 8GB and bluetooth on my replacement is nice.


Can you give me the link coz I didn't find anything with 8650G + 8750M, However, interestingly enough, I did find one with 8650G + 8570M, which is much weaker than standalone 8750M. So, also check that.

Share
January 19, 2014 12:19:57 PM

vinaykumar5320 said:
kenryu1986 said:
vinaykumar5320 said:
In the original one, you had dual Graphics (Integrated 8550G + Discrete 8750M), but, in the replacement, you have only the discrete graphics (only 8750M). However, it won't create any significant difference, as their performance is quite similar, and is dependent on the discrete graphics, i.e., 8750M.


Thank You for replying. When I go check back the integrated graphics, it is 8650G. If the performance is very similar, then I will accept the replacement. Getting a 12GB RAM instead of 8GB and bluetooth on my replacement is nice.


Can you give me the link coz I didn't find anything with 8650G + 8750M, However, interestingly enough, I did find one with 8650G + 8570M, which is much weaker than standalone 8750M. So, also check that.



There is no link to regarding the 8650G + 8750M. On my laptop, it states the graphics are 8650G + 8750M when I updated to the latest drivers. Since my original laptop LCD monitor does not work, I will not be able to screenshot the specs. I already accepted the replacement. Thanks for your help.
m
0
l
!