R9 280 (non-X) What happened?

Solution
I would suggest you:
Google for the names of chipmakers-there is others beyond Intel, AMD and ARM and contact their HR or recruitment departments, I'm sure they'll give you plenty of information on what qualifications are required.
The requirements are likely to be high, though, especially you'll need good grades in maths and at least one science subject, either physics or chemistry if you are to stand any chance of gaining a university place to study for the required degree/s. Again, contact several universities and see what their entry requirements are.

And Novuake: I can't find any info on this missing <>$250 card either!
Either AMD are having problems sourcing enough Tahiti silicon at the moment or have decided to leave this...
Actually, been wondering that myself, there's a big price jump between the R9 270X ($200)and 280X ($400) the only available card between them is actually the GTX760 ($235). Prices are the lowest available on Newegg BTW.
Maybe they're planning on some new cut down Hawaii cards later? Hope so because right now it's not possible to recommend an AMD card for anyone looking to spend $230-300 (US). Even here in the UK stock of the 7950 has all but dried up, again, leaving only the GTX760 in that price segment (about £200).

Exactly my reasoning too. The whole 200+$ - 300$ segment is empty. Well now that the AMD 280X prices are up its 200-400.

AMDs product stack has always been one of the most complete ever compared to Nvidias. So its strange to leave that open so long.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

Yea I knew I just hope that it happens rather soon but...

Could you make something like that but slightly longer? Loved every second of your post:)

Haha that was not long enough for you?
I am not sure what else I could add?

Other than the fact that I could discuss this stuff into eternity.
If you want more info, be more specific?

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

everything

I am planning to be a hardware engineer, do you know anything about this road? if yes, could you share some info in PM so far I got really generic answer basically saying I am going to develop computer parts...

Ouch. Not an easy direction.
Like I said, more specific.

You need to be kind of a genius for that sort of work though, a friend of mine is in microchip development here at one of the labs in South Africa. All theoretical work but yeah.

It aint easy.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

I know but my dream is to work/around computers, the bigger is the better. And to step into the designing would be great. I am not exactly which step though ( I am open to everything) but I reckon university might help me showing around all the disciplines of "computer system Engineering" ( thinking about going to Computer System Engineering and Business, coming from a business family it might be a better choice :))

I work in networking for a national ISP, Cisco and Juniper environment mostly.

I won't lie its not great working in what you love.
Maybe if you make your own business out of it, then I would say go for it, but be careful going into the industry without much knowledge of how things work once you get in the workplace.

I would suggest you:
Google for the names of chipmakers-there is others beyond Intel, AMD and ARM and contact their HR or recruitment departments, I'm sure they'll give you plenty of information on what qualifications are required.
The requirements are likely to be high, though, especially you'll need good grades in maths and at least one science subject, either physics or chemistry if you are to stand any chance of gaining a university place to study for the required degree/s. Again, contact several universities and see what their entry requirements are.

And Novuake: I can't find any info on this missing <>$250 card either!
Either AMD are having problems sourcing enough Tahiti silicon at the moment or have decided to leave this segment alone for the time being because they can sell the R9 280X at such a high margin in some countries.

Solution