Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can any one help me with my graphics card?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 18, 2014 1:23:59 PM

My EVGA GTX 660. Is not displaying anything on the monitor when connected via vga or hdmi. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with it. The fan is spinning in the graphics card and I have been able to connect my laptop to the monitor via hdmi.

More about : graphics card

January 18, 2014 1:31:48 PM

Install latest drivers on NVIDIA website and try again, and if its not working come back to me.
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 1:36:43 PM

pouryafasih said:
Install latest drivers on NVIDIA website and try again, and if its not working come back to me.


Hey. I can't see anything on the monitor so there is no way for me to install anything.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 18, 2014 1:41:27 PM

iGeekozoid said:
pouryafasih said:
Install latest drivers on NVIDIA website and try again, and if its not working come back to me.


Hey. I can't see anything on the monitor so there is no way for me to install anything.


Well it certainly isn't the GPU's fault, because a monitor should run fine even without a GPU. Can you tell me what your PC Specs (build) is/are?


m
0
l
January 18, 2014 1:49:17 PM

pouryafasih said:
iGeekozoid said:
pouryafasih said:
Install latest drivers on NVIDIA website and try again, and if its not working come back to me.


Hey. I can't see anything on the monitor so there is no way for me to install anything.


Well it certainly isn't the GPU's fault, because a monitor should run fine even without a GPU. Can you tell me what your PC Specs (build) is/are?


I am able to hook it up via hdmi to my laptop. I don't know what else could be causing the problem, but here are the specs.
Asrock 990fx extreme9 mobo
AMD FX 8350 cpu
Seagate 1tb hard drive
16gb ballistick RAM
Coolermaster hyper evo 212 heatsink
Rosewill Black HAWK case
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 660 gpu
Pioneer blu-ray optical drive
TP_LINK Wifi card
OCZ ZS series 750w psu


m
0
l
January 18, 2014 1:55:16 PM

Thats really weird, everything is supposed to work, the place where you connect the monitor cables in the case should be the problem here. cause it works from laptop to monitor, but not from case to monitor.
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:06:03 PM

pouryafasih said:
Thats really weird, everything is supposed to work, the place where you connect the monitor cables in the case should be the problem here. cause it works from laptop to monitor, but not from case to monitor.


I am not aware of any monitor cables in the case. What would they look like?
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:08:30 PM

iGeekozoid said:
pouryafasih said:
Thats really weird, everything is supposed to work, the place where you connect the monitor cables in the case should be the problem here. cause it works from laptop to monitor, but not from case to monitor.


I am not aware of any monitor cables in the case. What would they look like?


No, not IN the case, but where you connect the monitor to your PC.

m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:09:01 PM

The input sockets
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:10:12 PM

Your new monitor should come with a DVI cable. One end plugs in to the monitor, and you plug the other end in to the graphics card of your PC. At least, you do if your graphics card has a DVI socket. The DVI socket is white.
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:11:48 PM

The new monitors coming on to the market also have a HDMI connector. HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. This means that it accepts a High Definition signal for your HD movies and HD content. The problems is that you need a graphics cards with an equivalent HDMI socket in it, if you want to connect it to a PC.
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:12:30 PM

pouryafasih said:
The input sockets


Maybe, but it seems weird that both the vga and the hdmi inputs would not work.
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:15:14 PM

Try the DVI socket.
m
0
l
January 18, 2014 2:19:00 PM

pouryafasih said:
The new monitors coming on to the market also have a HDMI connector. HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. This means that it accepts a High Definition signal for your HD movies and HD content. The problems is that you need a graphics cards with an equivalent HDMI socket in it, if you want to connect it to a PC.


I have a graphics card with an hdmi socket and a monitor with an hdmi socket. But when I plug both ends in, I get nothing. I don't have a DVI cable. If I buy one, should that fix the problem?
m
0
l

Best solution

January 18, 2014 2:33:05 PM

iGeekozoid said:
pouryafasih said:
The new monitors coming on to the market also have a HDMI connector. HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. This means that it accepts a High Definition signal for your HD movies and HD content. The problems is that you need a graphics cards with an equivalent HDMI socket in it, if you want to connect it to a PC.


I have a graphics card with an hdmi socket and a monitor with an hdmi socket. But when I plug both ends in, I get nothing. I don't have a DVI cable. If I buy one, should that fix the problem?


Depends on if your GPU and Monitor both have DVI sockets, if they have, its certainly worth the try. (better spend $7 on a cable than 50$ for a new monitor right?) But if they dont, it should mean buying a new monitor. Hope I helped enough

Share
January 18, 2014 2:39:35 PM

pouryafasih said:
iGeekozoid said:
12474068,0,1552350 said:
The new monitors coming on to the market also have a HDMI connector. HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. This means that it accepts a High Definition signal for your HD movies and HD content. The problems is that you need a graphics cards with an equivalent HDMI socket in it, if you want to connect it to a PC.
said:


I have a graphics card with an hdmi socket and a monitor with an hdmi socket. But when I plug both ends in, I get nothing. I don't have a DVI cable. If I buy one, should that fix the problem?
said:


Depends on if your GPU and Monitor both have DVI sockets, if they have, its certainly worth the try. (better spend $7 on a cable than 50$ for a new monitor right?) But if they dont, it should mean buying a new monitor. Hope I helped enough

Okay, they do. I''ll try buying one i guess. Thank you!:-)
m
0
l
!