Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building a new PC, which GPU?

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • 900$
  • Cooler Master
  • FX
  • G.SKILL
  • AMD
  • CPUs
  • PC
  • Systems
  • LG
  • Nvidia
  • Asus
  • GPUs
  • Build
Last response: in Systems
Share
January 19, 2014 8:27:08 AM

Well, I was building a mid-high range PC for about 900$ and these are the parts I have chosen.
Asus M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ Mobo
Corsair Builder Series CX600 PSU
G.SKILL RipjawsX 1866MHz 2x4gb
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 64mb
Cooler Master Elite 430
DVD - LG
And the big question is :
AMD FX-6300 + NVIDIA GTX 760 or AMD FX-8320 + AMD R9 270x?
I really do not know which one to choose.
I will be playing Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, and other games. I would like this computer to last at least 4 years, so I would be thankful for some suggestions with all the parts.
Thanks!

More about : building gpu

January 19, 2014 8:33:48 AM

i'm biased, i like nvidia so i would go with the 760
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 19, 2014 8:46:56 AM

FireRisinWithin said:
i'm biased, i like nvidia so i would go with the 760


Always GPU before CPU when gaming, on that budget a fx-6300 + gtx 760 is a good pick
Share
Related resources
January 19, 2014 9:46:00 AM

Romeru said:
FireRisinWithin said:
i'm biased, i like nvidia so i would go with the 760


Always GPU before CPU when gaming, on that budget a fx-6300 + gtx 760 is a good pick

Thanks both of you!
But... Im an AMD fan... any other suggestions? only if there's no good solution then i will buy the nvidia card :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2014 3:10:56 AM

NarcoGamer said:
Romeru said:
FireRisinWithin said:
i'm biased, i like nvidia so i would go with the 760


Always GPU before CPU when gaming, on that budget a fx-6300 + gtx 760 is a good pick

Thanks both of you!
But... Im an AMD fan... any other suggestions? only if there's no good solution then i will buy the nvidia card :) 


Well there it's the R9 270x, but it's cheaper and slower. Like i said it's a better pick with the 760. If you want something even faster R9 280x is the way to go.. And actually it doesn't cost to much more, but it's a lot faster!

You'd be able to max out Battlefield 4, Crysis 3 without antialis and so on.
m
0
l
!