[Help] | Best GT 640 | ASUS Vs. EVGA |

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hi guys,
So this is my second thread on the forum regarding this dilemma. I just want someone to tell me which one is better OR if there's a better GT 640 out there. I really like the Nvidia technologies and do not want to get AMD. (I know some of you are thinking to yourself :no:)
The problem I am having is that the ASUS model claims to have "Super Alloy Power" which gives it a 15% performance boost.
But at the same time the EVGA is a Superclocked version that gives it 100Mhz more clock speed.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Links:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121771

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130969

Thanks,

Solution
Super alloy means it's parts are more anti-corrosive, have better durability, and are just better quality.

However, this doesn't change the performance of the actual card.

I say go with EVGA because in their top-tier cards they show how great they are. Some of their Superclocked models are clocked extremely high and thus showing that the card can handle high overclocking.

As I said, you'll get better performance w/ EVGA here because the core is more OC'd. But the OC wont make the card run much faster than the ASUS just because: these aren't gaming cards.

And anything that has 'super' in the name sounds extremely stupid and cheesy to me, as it is just a gimmick to make people buy stuff they know nothing about.

Good luck.

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

That just seems goofy to me. Just because its the number 1 vendor its the best? Could you explain to me what the "Super Alloy Power" is?

gustafangus

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Super alloy means it's parts are more anti-corrosive, have better durability, and are just better quality.

However, this doesn't change the performance of the actual card.

I say go with EVGA because in their top-tier cards they show how great they are. Some of their Superclocked models are clocked extremely high and thus showing that the card can handle high overclocking.

As I said, you'll get better performance w/ EVGA here because the core is more OC'd. But the OC wont make the card run much faster than the ASUS just because: these aren't gaming cards.

And anything that has 'super' in the name sounds extremely stupid and cheesy to me, as it is just a gimmick to make people buy stuff they know nothing about.

Good luck.

Solution