Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What should I do to make my CPU play medium-high definition games?

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Games
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 19, 2014 9:40:32 AM

Hi!

I know this kind of CPU is not for gaming but what should I add or change to make it play medium-high definition games?

Computer:  verview" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/186296/dell-optiple...

Thanks!:bounce: 

More about : make cpu play medium high definition games

a b à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:02:42 AM

Your CPU is fine for most (probably all) recent games. Graphics medium or high will depend on your GPU.

As an aside, upgrade to 8 GB RAM from 4. There will be a visible difference in loading times and processing of all applications and overall playability of games.
m
0
l
a c 305 4 Gaming
a c 506 à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:07:10 AM

You need to get a decent video card if you want to play games.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a c 473 à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:08:37 AM

Yes, you need a dedicated GPU. I'd say a HD 7870 or an R9 270(x) would let you play just about anything on high.
m
0
l
a c 305 4 Gaming
a c 506 à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:10:49 AM

What is you budget? You will definitely have to upgrade your power supply in order to run a video card.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 473 à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:12:39 AM

CTurbo said:
What is you budget? You will definitely have to upgrade your power supply in order to run a video card.


+1
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 10:27:46 AM

CTurbo said:
What is you budget? You will definitely have to upgrade your power supply in order to run a video card.


I don't know my budget yet because I'm still saving money. So what should my power supply be if I'd be having a video card?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 473 à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:35:01 AM

WarAssassin said:
CTurbo said:
What is you budget? You will definitely have to upgrade your power supply in order to run a video card.


I don't know my budget yet because I'm still saving money. So what should my power supply be if I'd be having a video card?


IMO 650W 80+ Bronze (you could go silver or gold if you really wanted). Corsair (avoid the TX series), XFX and Seasonic are great brands.
Share
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:49:28 AM

JOOK-D said:
WarAssassin said:
CTurbo said:
What is you budget? You will definitely have to upgrade your power supply in order to run a video card.


I don't know my budget yet because I'm still saving money. So what should my power supply be if I'd be having a video card?


IMO 650W 80+ Bronze (you could go silver or gold if you really wanted). Corsair (avoid the TX series), XFX and Seasonic are great brands.


Just a quick question for my own "edification";) What's bad about the TX series corsairs? (I have one and now I'm worried:(  )
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 10:51:26 AM

JOOK-D said:
WarAssassin said:
CTurbo said:
What is you budget? You will definitely have to upgrade your power supply in order to run a video card.


I don't know my budget yet because I'm still saving money. So what should my power supply be if I'd be having a video card?


IMO 650W 80+ Bronze (you could go silver or gold if you really wanted). Corsair (avoid the TX series), XFX and Seasonic are great brands.


Thanks so much!:D 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 473 à CPUs
January 19, 2014 10:55:32 AM

Dom_79 said:
JOOK-D said:
WarAssassin said:
CTurbo said:
What is you budget? You will definitely have to upgrade your power supply in order to run a video card.


I don't know my budget yet because I'm still saving money. So what should my power supply be if I'd be having a video card?


IMO 650W 80+ Bronze (you could go silver or gold if you really wanted). Corsair (avoid the TX series), XFX and Seasonic are great brands.


Just a quick question for my own "edification";) What's bad about the TX series corsairs? (I have one and now I'm worried:(  )


I have (had) one too - they have worse build quality than everything else in the corsair series. Mine blew out the northbridge on my motherboard (I believe) so the Internal memory Controller on my CPU is busted, resulting in pretty constant freezing whenever anything that spikes RAM usage is used (basically everything). Thankfully the RAM itself is intact, it's just that the relationship between the CPU and RAM is screwed. Also they are more prone to coil whine than others of the corsair family, and might have worse power delivery.

I don't mean to scaremonger, just sharing my experience. They have performed just fine for others too, but it's the one that's complained about the most.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2014 11:02:10 AM

Oh Phew! Just another quick one (sorry OP to semi-hijack the thread :)  ) Do you have the V1 or V2 (if the 650's have those different versions like the 750 and 850) and I thought mobos had resistors and capacitors designed to prevent such things as frying the north/south bridge, CPU and PCIE slots.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 473 à CPUs
January 19, 2014 11:14:08 AM

Dom_79 said:
Oh Phew! Just another quick one (sorry OP to semi-hijack the thread :)  ) Do you have the V1 or V2 (if the 650's have those different versions like the 750 and 850) and I thought mobos had resistors and capacitors designed to prevent such things as frying the north/south bridge, CPU and PCIE slots.


I believe mine was the 1st version of the TX650. And if my mobo did have those res/caps, they obviously didn't do a good job - the RAM sticks were saved though so it seems like it was just the northbridge. And I'm out of warranty otherwise I'd return it.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2014 11:19:27 AM

JOOK-D said:
Dom_79 said:
Oh Phew! Just another quick one (sorry OP to semi-hijack the thread :)  ) Do you have the V1 or V2 (if the 650's have those different versions like the 750 and 850) and I thought mobos had resistors and capacitors designed to prevent such things as frying the north/south bridge, CPU and PCIE slots.


I believe mine was the 1st version of the TX650. And if my mobo did have those res/caps, they obviously didn't do a good job - the RAM sticks were saved though so it seems like it was just the northbridge. And I'm out of warranty otherwise I'd return it.


Sorry to hear about that BTW. Thanks for the info though. I had thought I'd done my research before I decided on this PSU (V2, never even bothered looking at the V1) and all I found in the negative reviews was fan noise (which seemed to be pretty hit and miss - luckily missed me)
m
0
l
!