FX 8350 Weird Temperatures

Soviet Guy

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I recently got a FX 8350 to replace my lower end FX 4170 and I did the research and I know this Chip runs slightly hot, from what I have read this seems to be the case with Idles at 30c-40c and load around 60c-70c seeming normal.

However, mine seems to run unbelievably cool, Idling at 22c-29c (depending on Ambient temps) However on full load ( Battlefield 4 Ultra, 125% resolution and a Prime95 tests) the highest the chip has gotten to is a really cool 48c-50c ! I have a large amount of experience with computers yet this has really baffled me. I would expect this on a water cooling system but on my Hyper 612s this baffles me completely.

I have had no issues at all with it and performance wise i've had no CTD's or anything out of the ordinary.

Is the chip working right or is it not being utilized to its full potential ?
Thanks in advance

Solution
Offset set in Core temp? I do it this way from a cold boot enter BIOS take temp startup and immediately take temp in core temp. Set offset based on difference +/-.

neieus

Distinguished
I wouldn't be to concerned about the low temps because it's pretty well known that the FX-x3xx series CPU's are inaccurate until they reach like 40c I believe but maybe someone can confirm that. What are you using to monitor your temps? I use CPUID Hardware monitor and HWInfo to verify between the two.

Soviet Guy

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I'm using CUPID HWMonitor and Core Temp however it shows the same results but my BIOS seem to be showing more, accurate readings however these have been very wrong in the past.