2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
- Eh, not a big deal to me. Nothing too big or too small. 13-inches sufficed with my Macbook Pro.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
- I'll have to admit, I don't know much about this or even what resolution my Macbook Pro is. The best possible for my budget, I suppose?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
- I don't quite understand this question, sorry.
5. How much battery life do you need?
- The longer the better. Generally 6+ hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
- Light gaming if anything. Games like Minecraft, Starbound, Nidhogg, etc. At least relatively smooth. Medium-ish settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
- One of the things I do most on my 2009 Macbook Pro is watch Youtube videos. Sadly, for whatever reason (again, not tech-savvy), it is hardly capable of doing so, as it reaches absurd temperatures and slows to practically a crawl after a few videos (at 360p). I don't know if this is just inherent to laptops or if I did something wrong with mine - I just know I don't want that again. Microsoft Office too.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
- As much as what I want to do (and the budget) warrants. I think my Pro has 2GB? Perhaps I need more.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
- I like Amazon. Not necessary, though.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
- My laptop should at least last me through college.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
- I don't usually use the drive on my laptop, but I guess it could come in handy in college. Bluray is preferable.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-I can't say I know enough about each brand to say much here, other than I don't think Macs are for me.
13. What country do you live in?
- United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
- To summarize, I watch a lot of Youtube, use office programs, want this to last me 4+ years, and absolutely DESPISE laptops that burn on a whim or slow down so easily. I also game but this doesn't need to be the primary platform or anything - I own a PS4, 3DS, 360 and PS3 after all. Just some light games as long as they run well.
Thanks in advance. Sorry if I omitted anything important - let me know if anything else is necessary.
Allow me to explain the difference between portable and desktop replacement laptops. A portable laptop is a thin and light system you could slip into your backpack and take anywhere. A desktop replacement is a thick and heavy thing designed to not leave your desk, and when it does only to be moved to the couch for and hour to an hour and a half. It sounds like you want a portable system, though. Also, the MacBook Pro DOES NOT have 2GB storage. Such a small drive would really only store a very small part of the OS, and nothing else.
That laptop seems good to me. I just wish I could read reviews on it. Not that they ever mean much - I just like to reaffirm. Is there any way to get one with higher resolution, or will that come at a higher cost/at the cost of other things?