Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What is the wattage of ASUS HD Radeon 7770-1GD5 GHz Edition?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 19, 2014 9:01:51 PM

Hi
I am looking to buy this card but have some mix reviews on what is the watts. I need to be sure because I am also upgrading my power supply to my computer as well.

I read on newegg.com in customer Q&A that you need a minimum 450W power supply but i also read some reviews 475w to 500w.

I am really unsure what power supply to get for this card.:( 
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 19, 2014 9:04:49 PM

80W max stock
90-95W overclocked
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 9:07:31 PM

sweenytodd said:
80W max stock
90-95W overclocked


I am really unsure what that mean?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 19, 2014 9:12:55 PM

Those values are the wattage output of the HD 7770 video card itself. Add the motherboard, cpu, ram, hard disk and fans it would equal to 275W - 325W all in all at full load, depending on your CPU.

I have a console killer PC with AMD Athlon X4 750K, 4GBX2 GSkill memory, Asus HD 7790 powered by a Corsair CX430W power supply and its working flawlessly.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
January 19, 2014 9:13:40 PM

The minimum PSU is what you need to run this in a common system. The GPU itself will pull 80-100w (depending on which one). Add in a standard desktop CPU which is about 65w, HDD, fans DVD etc you are probably in the 350-450w range depending on what hardware you have chosen.

For the most part, it is also better to have higher than recommended as it will allow for the PSU to run at a lower load.
Share
January 19, 2014 9:18:09 PM

sweenytodd said:
Those values are the wattage output of the HD 7770 video card itself. Add the motherboard, cpu, ram, hard disk and fans it would equal to 275W - 325W all in all at full load, depending on your CPU.

I have a console killer PC with AMD Athlon X4 750K, 4GBX2 GSkill memory, Asus HD 7790 powered by a Corsair CX430W power supply and its working flawlessly.


Well I have older computer that I bought back in 08 and its really nothing special

My specs
System Model: KT334AA-ABA m8530f
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 5120MB RAM
Motherboard: NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Chipset
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Power Supply: 350watts(currently)
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 9:20:01 PM

It wont be enough to run the card 350 watts is a bit on the shy side a 430 corsair would cost ya like 30 bucks and you would be able to run that card.
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 9:21:49 PM

johnnyb105 said:
It wont be enough to run the card 350 watts is a bit on the shy side a 430 corsair would cost ya like 30 bucks and you would be able to run that card.


i know:(  but i am willing to up grade($$) but don't want to get something to cheap and also get something with to little watts.
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 9:31:48 PM

aHH the 430 is used by a lot of people its not a cheap brand by all means its just not as powerful and as good as names like seasonic which I will provide a link but if your only going to put in a 7770 card which really isn't the best card out there for gaming then the 430 would do just fine for you... But since you have a really older computer I didn't see why you want a 100 dollar power supply unit for it. The corsair is the budget PSU for less money.. They also make high end PSU as well..


Corsair ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seasonic...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
January 19, 2014 9:52:04 PM

johnnyb105 said:
aHH the 430 is used by a lot of people its not a cheap brand by all means its just not as powerful and as good as names like seasonic which I will provide a link but if your only going to put in a 7770 card which really isn't the best card out there for gaming then the 430 would do just fine for you... But since you have a really older computer I didn't see why you want a 100 dollar power supply unit for it. The corsair is the budget PSU for less money.. They also make high end PSU as well..


Corsair ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seasonic...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


you know what funny. Another person recommend that same corsair pus on this site. I know that 7770 is really just entry level gaming but i am really not running any high level games. I usually play is killing floor, left 4 dead, the Stanley Parable, TF2, outlast, portal 2, surgeon simulator 2013, fallout new Vegas,gta4 and etc but mostly causal gaming but every now and then some popular game too. I also trying to not to over spend on something that really don't need but would like to up-grade my Graphic Card in the future...just in case this one dies or etc.
dose that make scene?:??: 
m
0
l
!