FX 8150 Automatic Overclocking - How to stop it?

_Sniff_

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I'm running an AMD FX-8150 processor on a M5A97 Mobo with a stock fan. I've noticed my core speed is at 4153 MHz when it should be at 3600 MHz and I'm BSODing with reasons like "clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval".

In the bios everything seems to be set to Auto and I do not know what options to select to bring the clock speed back down.

I tried resetting to "Optimized Defaults", which is the only option but it remains at 4.1ghrz.

Why is it overclocking when I haven't done anything to make it overclock?
How do I get this to stop?

Thank you all for the help ahead of time :)

Solution
Cool and quiet if anything would down clock your cpu.

Auto System Level Up

"Achieve extreme yet stable overclocking results automatically with Auto Tuning! With built-in stability testing, Auto Tuning allows beginners to easily upgrade their CPU performance at no extra cost."

Could be your answer.

_Sniff_

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I did not find anything called turbo core in the bios. I did however find something called OC tuner. I turned that off however I'm still running at 4152 mhz.

Something else to note I suppose is that Cool n Quiet is enabled.

Bonecrushrr

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Cool and quiet if anything would down clock your cpu.

Auto System Level Up

"Achieve extreme yet stable overclocking results automatically with Auto Tuning! With built-in stability testing, Auto Tuning allows beginners to easily upgrade their CPU performance at no extra cost."

Could be your answer.

Solution

_Sniff_

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I have found the solution. For some reason my bus speed was 230.xx mhz and the multipler at 18x.

My theory is because I have an overhead of 125 watts on my psu that OC tuner turned up the bus speed. Once I turned off OC tuner and lowered the bus speed down to 200mhz I am back to 3.6ghrz :)

-edit- in bios OC tuner was described as an automatic overclocking feature.