Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this build good/fully compatible for gaming? First Time Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 20, 2014 11:31:34 AM

Hello, I would appreciate any recommendations on this build to help me maximize my performance per dollar. It's my first build and I've done quite a bit of research. I believe this build is substantial and will yield a good gaming experience but I want some final opinions. Thanks

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2EuTP
a b 4 Gaming
January 20, 2014 11:35:06 AM

yep, all compatible and well balanced. you're overspending a bit on the kb/mouse...
m
0
l
a c 389 4 Gaming
January 20, 2014 11:36:05 AM

Looks fine. It should play most all games at high settings. BUT, do not expect ultra settings in games. Some things could be changed to get you ultra settings though.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 20, 2014 11:38:54 AM

you are over doing the psu. all you need is about 600 watts.

you could save money there. and invest in a gtx 770.

and you can play 95% of modern games at max settings.

things like bf4 or crysis 3 possibly not at maximum with a smooth framerate over 50+
m
0
l
January 20, 2014 11:42:17 AM

tiny voices said:
Looks fine. It should play most all games at high settings. BUT, do not expect ultra settings in games. Some things could be changed to get you ultra settings though.

Thanks for the reply, but could you explain what changes could be made? I imagine it would cost more but I would like to know.
m
0
l
January 20, 2014 11:43:03 AM

babachicken said:
you are over doing the psu. all you need is about 600 watts.

you could save money there. and invest in a gtx 770.

and you can play 95% of modern games at max settings.

things like bf4 or crysis 3 possibly not at maximum with a smooth framerate over 50+

Thanks for the tips I'll definitely look into changing a few things.

m
0
l

Best solution

a c 389 4 Gaming
January 20, 2014 11:48:17 AM

BlackDeathX said:
tiny voices said:
Looks fine. It should play most all games at high settings. BUT, do not expect ultra settings in games. Some things could be changed to get you ultra settings though.

Thanks for the reply, but could you explain what changes could be made? I imagine it would cost more but I would like to know.


No more money would need to be spent.

You can get a non-K CPU and an h87 motherboard and drop the CPU cooler. This will not affect performance at all. It just won't let you be able to overclock as a hobby.

The PSU can be changed to an XFX 650 unit. Same quality and more reasonable amount of power.

Then the saved money can be spent on a gtx770 or r9 280x which will be a big performance improvement in gaming power.
Share
January 20, 2014 11:54:15 AM

tiny voices said:
BlackDeathX said:
tiny voices said:
Looks fine. It should play most all games at high settings. BUT, do not expect ultra settings in games. Some things could be changed to get you ultra settings though.

Thanks for the reply, but could you explain what changes could be made? I imagine it would cost more but I would like to know.


No more money would need to be spent.

You can get a non-K CPU and an h87 motherboard and drop the CPU cooler. This will not affect performance at all. It just won't let you be able to overclock as a hobby.

The PSU can be changed to an XFX 650 unit. Same quality and more reasonable amount of power.

Then the saved money can be spent on a gtx770 or r9 280x which will be a big performance improvement in gaming power.

As this is my first PC build, I didn't intend on overclocking at first but instead got the K version so i would have the option later. That being said, I think I'll follow your suggestions. Thank you and everyone else for your help!
m
0
l
a c 389 4 Gaming
January 20, 2014 11:54:56 AM

Always glad to help!
m
0
l
!