Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

great 24" monitors for under 200 dollars

Tags:
  • BenQ
  • Ghosting
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 21, 2014 4:21:34 AM

I'm looking for a monitor that has no ghosting, no bleed, quite reliable, good colour, good brightness (overall just great). I came across BenQ RL2455HM 24"

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/benq-rl2455hm-24-1ms-hd...

it seems okay but the store I want to buy from doesn't have this monitor at all. So is there any other monitors that are 24" 1920x1080 that are quite good under 5ms?

More about : great monitors 200 dollars

January 21, 2014 4:48:12 AM

ok I have decided to go with the BenQ RL2455HM . any thoughts on it?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
January 21, 2014 4:52:03 AM

It's a very good fast monitor if that's what you want.

If you want image quality you should get an IPS monitor instead. IPS panels are not as fast as TN but for most people it's not not noticeable.
Share
Related resources
January 21, 2014 4:55:52 AM

huilun02 said:
It's a very good fast monitor if that's what you want.

If you want image quality you should get an IPS monitor instead. IPS panels are not as fast as TN but for most people it's not not noticeable.


yes I was looking at an ips one but it's out of budget
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
January 21, 2014 5:03:54 AM

Here you go a bunch of other monitors in your budget, including an Acer and LG monitor, both 23" IPS 1080p 5ms.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPa...

PC Case Gear is in Melbourne and ships all over Australia.

Take note 23" and 24" are pretty much the same if they are all 1080p.
m
0
l
January 21, 2014 5:21:17 AM

huilun02 said:
Here you go a bunch of other monitors in your budget, including an Acer and LG monitor, both 23" IPS 1080p 5ms.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPa...

PC Case Gear is in Melbourne and ships all over Australia.

Take note 23" and 24" are pretty much the same if they are all 1080p.


any good ones from arc computers or mwave.com.au? I really want to just go pick it up instead of delivery
m
0
l
January 21, 2014 5:49:26 AM

huilun02 said:
From mwave:
AOC http://www.mwave.com.au/product/aoc-i2367fh-ips-23-5ms-...
LG http://www.mwave.com.au/product/lg-23ea53vp-ips-23-5ms-...

From arc computers:
Acer http://www.arc.com.au/pub.php?gid=23141&pid=55191&p=pro...
Asus http://www.arc.com.au/pub.php?gid=23141&pid=54377&p=pro...

I have no personal preference apart from a phobia of wobbly oval stands like the one my last LG monitor had.


thankyou, but now Im really confused on which one to pick, the tn one or the LG one from arc. Is ips really worth it? does it make it look that much better? also that one inch seems worth it
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
January 21, 2014 6:03:41 AM

IPS looks much better. More accurate and vibrant colors. Put an IPS and a TN side by side and the difference will be obvious.

I have my old LG 900p TN monitor beside my new Dell Ultrasharp 23" IPS. It looks like looking through the eyes of some 90 year old dude once you're accustomed to IPS.

The downside to IPS monitors is that they cannot have the responsiveness of a TN panel, but for most people it is not nearly as noticeable as the huge improvement in image quality.

If you play competitive shooter games like Counter Strike then having fast response times will be more important to you.
m
0
l
January 21, 2014 6:07:19 AM

huilun02 said:
IPS looks much better. More accurate and vibrant colors. Put an IPS and a TN side by side and the difference will be obvious.

I have my old LG 900p TN monitor beside my new Dell Ultrasharp 23" IPS. It looks like looking through the eyes of some 90 year old dude once you're accustomed to IPS.

The downside to IPS monitors is that they cannot have the responsiveness of a TN panel, but for most people it is not nearly as noticeable as the huge improvement in image quality.

If you play competitive shooter games like Counter Strike then having fast response times will be more important to you.


Thankyou for your help. I will consider the LG one. :)  . sorry just one more thing. 23" and 24" are pretty close but is there a noticable difference between the sizes? also do you know that the lg monitor is great or should I look for a few reviews?
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
January 21, 2014 6:20:52 AM

The only thing noticeable about the extra 1 inch is that the screen will look bigger. But if the resolution is 1080p the amount of stuff you can display on the screen is the same as a 23", just that the image is stretched to fit 24"

Any particular reason for the LG monitor?

Also don't forget to actually take a look at a working monitor at the store before buying. Most stores don't put IPS and TN side by side because the TN would look like sh!te and won't sell. And then also have them test the screen for dead or stuck pixels before leaving the store.
m
0
l
January 21, 2014 4:27:53 PM

huilun02 said:
The only thing noticeable about the extra 1 inch is that the screen will look bigger. But if the resolution is 1080p the amount of stuff you can display on the screen is the same as a 23", just that the image is stretched to fit 24"

Any particular reason for the LG monitor?

Also don't forget to actually take a look at a working monitor at the store before buying. Most stores don't put IPS and TN side by side because the TN would look like sh!te and won't sell. And then also have them test the screen for dead or stuck pixels before leaving the store.


I chose the LG out of the 4 you gave me because I heard they were a reliable brand. AOC seem okay but someone else said LG was better. The ones you gave me at arc are out of stock so would take longer to collect
m
0
l
!