Solved

Small HTPC help

Hello,I am looking for a small cheap HTPC. I was looking at something like Intel NUC The only problem I have with this is that I cant have my HDD inside the case, I have old ram and my HDD(2.5; 7mm) I can use in it. Is there something like this I can use? Also i plan on running a version of Ubuntu. I would like this CHEAP around $200 or less, I might go higher, so it is okay to share ones that cost a bit more.

MUST HAVE
Able to display 1080p videos
Must have a HDMI port
Able to put a HDD in it
Around ~$200

USED FOR
1080p video


Doesn't need
to be able to play games.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about small htpc
  1. Best answer
    Well intel announced @CES that they coming out with a "taller" NUC that will support one 2.5" drive, as well as a new affordable celeron model. Gigabyte Brix is coming out as well, but it is a bit pricey...
  2. tonyzet said:
    Well intel announced @CES that they coming out with a "taller" NUC that will support one 2.5" drive, as well as a new affordable celeron model. Gigabyte Brix is coming out as well, but it is a bit pricey...


    Do you have an idea of what intel called their new NUC? so that I can google it ^_^
  3. tonyzet said:


    Thats looks very good, Also the gigabyte one is a msata but it looks cool ^_^
    im going to have to look into intel's one from more.
  4. tonyzet said:


    Thats looks very good, Also the gigabyte one is a msata but it looks cool ^_^
    im going to have to look into intel's one from more.
  5. Note that the model I found is not the Celeron one (I couldn't found the model since test kits haven't ported out yet), but it is powerful enough to operate smoothly a media center
  6. tonyzet said:
    Note that the model I found is not the Celeron one (I couldn't found the model since test kits haven't ported out yet), but it is powerful enough to operate smoothly a media center


    Do you think this model would be able to do 1080p videos?
    or should i get an i3/i5 if they come out?
  7. Since it has HDMI output, I highly doubt that it is going to struggle...
  8. tonyzet said:
    Since it has HDMI output, I highly doubt that it is going to struggle...


    i only ask this because my laptop had problems with playing 1080p videos. and it is a Celeron, but the other one looks like it is clocked higher.
  9. Well, the unit isn't out yet, so you will have to wait for the reviews
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM cheap Hard Drives Systems Cases htpc