Solved

$450 Gaming Pc

OS- Yes
Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard- No
No APU
Maximum Price- $450
Able to play games like BF4 Metro Last Light Arma 3 Dayz
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 450 gaming
  1. Are you looking for a prebuilt pc or are you planning to build it yourself?
  2. If you need an OS and want to play games like BF4, there is no way. If you don't want to use an apu and DON'T need an os, there is still no way. Bf4 is cpu bound, so a quad core i5 is ideal, which will set you back $200 alone. A solid gpu to play those games will cost upwards of 100 as well. Do yourself a favor and save up a good sum of money so you can get quality parts that will last you awhile. 600-800 dollars would be a more reasonable price range.
  3. In3rt1a said:
    If you need an OS and want to play games like BF4, there is no way. If you don't want to use an apu and DON'T need an os, there is still no way. Bf4 is cpu bound, so a quad core i5 is ideal, which will set you back $200 alone. A solid gpu to play those games will cost upwards of 100 as well. Do yourself a favor and save up a good sum of money so you can get quality parts that will last you awhile. 600-800 dollars would be a more reasonable price range.


    The new kaveri APU line by AMD is pretty good graphics wise. They've been tested to play BF4 on high settings at 60 fps. Here's a link to a testing vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axyHkKn_e80

    Keep in mind that they only tested the game on single player so I have no idea how well it performs on multiplayer.
  4. Sure, there are some apus capable of playing, but the OP said he didnt want to use an apu.
  5. In3rt1a said:
    Sure, there are some apus capable of playing, but the OP said he didnt want to use an apu.


    Just putting it out there in case he changes his mind. You can also crossfire the kaveri APU with a GPU as well so it's not completely irrelevant to what he's asking for.

    As far as a good cheap GPU I would suggest something from the Radeon series, because the prices are pretty reasonable. However, even then a $450 budget is cutting it very close and you will have to skimp on some parts.
  6. As long as it doesn't pass at least $500 instead is it still possible with OS??
  7. Not really, unless you're willing to go with an apu.
  8. When i said as long i meant the apu is acceptable..
  9. your not going to get decent performance with an apu. just save up some more and build a decent gaming pc. 700-800$ budget would build a great gaming pc.
  10. guitargod213 said:
    your not going to get decent performance with an apu. just save up some more and build a decent gaming pc. 700-800$ budget would build a great gaming pc.


    Obviously GPU's are better, but APU's are capable of delivering some pretty decent power these days. Just look at what the Ps4 is capable of with just an AMD APU.
  11. So its not possible even with the price of a PS4?
  12. justin5885 said:
    So its not possible even with the price of a PS4?


    If I understand correctly the Ps4 is sold for less than it is actually worth because they expect to gain back a profit from all of the online sales as well as playstation plus.
  13. DonnyTechMaster said:
    justin5885 said:
    So its not possible even with the price of a PS4?


    If I understand correctly the Ps4 is sold for less than it is actually worth because they expect to gain back a profit from all of the online sales as well as playstation plus.


    Will an A10-6700 with an 8670D be able to handle any of the games i asked??
  14. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+8670D
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1836531/amd-radeon-8670-good-gaming.html

    My thoughts are the price for pc gaming is more upfront, however you save a lot of money over time. From the awesome sales, no yearly online service fees, and the vast array of peripherals you will save money. My vote is to spend more upfront for a better performing pc, however an a10 will run the games just not exceptionally.
  15. justin5885 said:
    DonnyTechMaster said:
    justin5885 said:
    So its not possible even with the price of a PS4?


    If I understand correctly the Ps4 is sold for less than it is actually worth because they expect to gain back a profit from all of the online sales as well as playstation plus.


    Will an A10-6700 with an 8670D be able to handle any of the games i asked??


    I think so, although I can't say I've ever heard of an 8670D. The processor is fine but what is an 8670D because it's not listed on newegg as a gpu. I imagine that it's part of the APU, but I'm not really sure.
  16. it's the gpu that's built into the apu, if i understand correctly.
  17. Can't really vouche for the legitimacy of this video but it might give you some idea of the performance (Not very good): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Wknhzgb_0
  18. Best answer
    My suggestion: get a CPU that has the graphics taken out. This will reduce the cost of the CPU from over $100 to somewhere around $80, like mine(AMD Athlon x4 750k fm2 socket).
  19. DonnyTechMaster said:
    My suggestion: get a CPU that has the graphics taken out. This will reduce the cost of the CPU from over $100 to somewhere around $80, like mine(AMD Athlon x4 750k fm2 socket).

    I'll get the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black edition and hd 7790, thanks
  20. PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2Fp9C
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2Fp9C/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2Fp9C/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($88.32 @ TigerDirect Canada)
    Motherboard: Asus A55M-E Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($61.50 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1066 Memory ($40.00 @ Vuugo)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($126.27 @ Newegg Canada)
    Case: Apex SK-393-C ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.48 @ DirectCanada)
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply ($35.50 @ Vuugo)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($93.87 @ DirectCanada)
    Total: $522.73
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-21 22:39 EST-0500)
    best i can do
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Components Build Your Own System Builder