Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

A Build for a AMD Hardcore Gaming Computer $1000 - 1200

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 21, 2014 7:51:19 PM

I want a computer that can run games like dota 2 LoL and other games like battlefield at 60 fps.

Best solution

January 21, 2014 8:29:07 PM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FqA8
got you 9 dollars under budget with a 120 gb ssd and 1 tb 7200 rpm hard drive
the gpu is r9 280x 3gb
cpu: amd fx 8350
cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler/ cause the stock cooler is shit
mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
ram: 8gb 1600 mhz corsair dominator ram
case:Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case
psu: Antec High Current Gamer 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

this would be a great build espicially with mantle comes out soon. i put the 750 watt psu so you can at least crossfire in future and the case looks really good.
Share
January 21, 2014 8:32:02 PM

GameOfPwns said:
limitzvfxgoespc said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FqA8
got you 9 dollars under budget with a 120 gb ssd and 1 tb 7200 rpm hard drive
the gpu is r9 280x 3gb
cpu: amd fx 8350
cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler/ cause the stock cooler is shit
mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
ram: 8gb 1600 mhz corsair dominator ram
case:Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case
psu: Antec High Current Gamer 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

this would be a great build espicially with mantle comes out soon. i put the 750 watt psu so you can at least crossfire in future and the case looks really good.


lol @ mantle. I wont believe any of its hype till its out and proof is shown


he did say he wanted a ''AMD HARDCORE GAMING BUILD''
m
0
l
Related resources
January 21, 2014 8:47:15 PM

limitzvfxgoespc said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FqA8
got you 9 dollars under budget with a 120 gb ssd and 1 tb 7200 rpm hard drive
the gpu is r9 280x 3gb
cpu: amd fx 8350
cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler/ cause the stock cooler is shit
mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
ram: 8gb 1600 mhz corsair dominator ram
case:Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case
psu: Antec High Current Gamer 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

this would be a great build espicially with mantle comes out soon. i put the 750 watt psu so you can at least crossfire in future and the case looks really good.


Thanks man this is what I was looking for! Build looks great!
m
0
l
January 21, 2014 8:49:42 PM

GameOfPwns said:
If i helped you Please select as best answer. Also if you need to ask more questions feel free. Ill be sure to help ;) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.05 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($84.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1184.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-21 23:16 EST-0500)


Does this include tax? If not I MIGHT be able to cover it.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
January 21, 2014 9:36:03 PM

GameOfPwns said:
migelini said:
GameOfPwns said:
If i helped you Please select as best answer. Also if you need to ask more questions feel free. Ill be sure to help ;) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.05 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($84.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1184.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-21 23:16 EST-0500)


Does this include tax? If not I MIGHT be able to cover it.


Unless you want to order from every different vendor your going to have to pick the places you want to buy from. Im not trying to sway you from AMD, but if you want HARDCORE rig then you go intel. Runs cooler, CPU pulls less watts and it will outperform the 8350


No not really
In all modern game engines that can multithread the AMD 8 core processors are often a little better at higher resolutions .
The do use a bit more power . The calcs I saw said that would be about $15 a year for most people in the US . But if you were running it in winter and the heat is in your home your thermostat would be offsetting some of that anyway

As for mantle : I believe AMD more than I believe you
m
0
l
January 21, 2014 10:02:38 PM

GameOfPwns said:
migelini said:
GameOfPwns said:
If i helped you Please select as best answer. Also if you need to ask more questions feel free. Ill be sure to help ;) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.05 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($84.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1184.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-21 23:16 EST-0500)


Does this include tax? If not I MIGHT be able to cover it.


Unless you want to order from every different vendor your going to have to pick the places you want to buy from. Im not trying to sway you from AMD, but if you want HARDCORE rig then you go intel. Runs cooler, CPU pulls less watts and it will outperform the 8350


GameOfPwns said:
Outlander_04 said:
GameOfPwns said:
migelini said:
GameOfPwns said:
If i helped you Please select as best answer. Also if you need to ask more questions feel free. Ill be sure to help ;) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.05 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($84.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1184.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-21 23:16 EST-0500)


Does this include tax? If not I MIGHT be able to cover it.


Unless you want to order from every different vendor your going to have to pick the places you want to buy from. Im not trying to sway you from AMD, but if you want HARDCORE rig then you go intel. Runs cooler, CPU pulls less watts and it will outperform the 8350


No not really
In all modern game engines that can multithread the AMD 8 core processors are often a little better at higher resolutions .
The do use a bit more power . The calcs I saw said that would be about $15 a year for most people in the US . But if you were running it in winter and the heat is in your home your thermostat would be offsetting some of that anyway

As for mantle : I believe AMD more than I believe you


I wont believe anything from Mantle till its released and proven.

does it really matter
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
January 21, 2014 11:53:51 PM

I can totally believe that it is possible to create a better API than directX


This is simply a matter of technological progress . What is possible today was a dream when Microsoft first created DX , and since then the response has been to bloat DX and make it bigger more complicated , more likely to fail and slower .
Starting with a clean slate and writing for multicore processors and modern graphics architectures is bound to give better results
m
0
l
!