Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which one should I pick?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 22, 2014 11:49:46 AM

Hi! I made two builds however I know nothing about computers. Here are the two:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2FIMn

I was wondering if the first one is horribly unbalanced so I also made this system:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/mileycyruslover/saved/3...

I will be playing BF4, AC4, Minecraft and Garry's Mod hopefully at a smooth 60FPS. I will record all of those games as well and render 720p videos. I plan on Overclocking my CPU.

If I got the 780, I would use a 2k Monitor however if I get the other build I will use a 1080p monitor. Any other build suggestions would be great! Thanks.

I already have an OS, Mouse and Keyboard. My budget is £1000

More about : pick

January 22, 2014 11:52:14 AM

I would go with the GTX 780 build mate, all the way, btw i would reccomend getting a bit more ram, at least 4gb more if u are on a tight budget or even 16gb if u can, it helps with rendering
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 11:56:11 AM

Portuguesetechie said:
I would go with the GTX 780 build mate, all the way, btw i would reccomend getting a bit more ram, at least 4gb more if u are on a tight budget or even 16gb if u can, it helps with rendering


Thanks. What Ram would you recommend? Should I just double the one I've picked or buy a 2x8?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 22, 2014 11:57:29 AM

The first , because the mobo is 10% faster (chipset 990) , GTX 780 is about 15% faster than R9 280X .
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 11:59:09 AM

Well if u double the one u have u should be set but should u start doing heavier rendering its always good to have room for improvement, get the 2X8gb kit if its not too expensive, if it is just go with doubling the one u have mate
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 12:01:23 PM

Pineapple20 said:
Portuguesetechie said:
I would go with the GTX 780 build mate, all the way, btw i would reccomend getting a bit more ram, at least 4gb more if u are on a tight budget or even 16gb if u can, it helps with rendering


Thanks. What Ram would you recommend? Should I just double the one I've picked or buy a 2x8?


2x4GB =8GB is enough
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 12:02:45 PM

You can likely find an equivalent 120MM tower cooler to replace the Hyper212 EVO, which tends to be a little more expensive, but offer similar (or weaker) performance: http://www.techreaction.net/2011/07/07/review-xigmatek-...
http://www.techreaction.net/2011/11/27/review-cooler-ma...
(Ignore the URL; it was the EVO they tested, not the Plus).
Also, get a Seasonic-built PSU, like their own or XFX. The Corsair "CX" line was made by CWT using some inferior Samxon capacitors that don't like heat and will fail early.
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 12:14:52 PM

I also forgot to mention I'll be live streaming as well.

Also, I'll consider getting 16GB. Thanks for the suggestions :) 
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 12:17:44 PM

and, would the psu be powerful enough for the computer. and if I was to possibly buy a second gtx 780 - like next year, would it be easy to upgrade it?

I'm planning on gaming on this machine for at least 2 years before it breaks.
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 12:29:24 PM

Pineapple20 said:
and, would the psu be powerful enough for the computer. and if I was to possibly buy a second gtx 780 - like next year, would it be easy to upgrade it?

I'm planning on gaming on this machine for at least 2 years before it breaks.


850W psu is a good idea
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu...
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 12:42:07 PM

whitecat said:
Pineapple20 said:
and, would the psu be powerful enough for the computer. and if I was to possibly buy a second gtx 780 - like next year, would it be easy to upgrade it?

I'm planning on gaming on this machine for at least 2 years before it breaks.


850W psu is a good idea
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu...


Could I get a 600W then upgrade to the 850W later? Also, since I might overclock the 8350 to possibly 4.5GHz, should I get something like a 650 or 700?
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 1:16:17 PM

A good 600W PSU would be sufficient (i.e. not the Corsair CX) for a single card. The TX and HX lines are better if you want Corsair, but I'd go for Seasonic or something they build, like all the XFX and many of the Antecs. The Delta-built Antec units are great too.
m
0
l
January 22, 2014 1:50:40 PM

Excellent choice.
m
0
l

Best solution

January 23, 2014 12:41:43 PM
Share
!