Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

For Those Already Using G-Sync - Does it matter @120FPS/120Hz/144FPS/140Hz?

Tags:
  • Graphics
  • 60hz
  • HDMI
  • g-sync
  • gsync
  • 120hz
  • AMD
  • dp
  • displayport
  • display port
  • HD
  • Geforce
  • Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • DVI
  • 1080p
  • 144hz
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 22, 2014 12:04:00 PM

I've had some discussions w/people using G-Sync already, and clearly it's pretty awesome. But I've had mixed input on whether it really makes a difference at higher frame rates.

I'm running SLI 770 4GBs and can easily hit over 144FPS on my VG248QE 144Hz. I'm wondering if G-Sync is still going to make a noticeable impact.

I'd really like to hear from people who actually OWN and who have actually USED G-Sync

PLEASE DO NOT use this thread as your personal complaint-fest to talk down on G-Sync with things like "gimmick" and "freesync".

I'm fully aware of Freesync and am in no way advocating Nvidia vs. AMD. As many know on these forums, I have been an owner of both AMD and Nvidia and have no particular bias toward one or the other.

With that said... let the inevitable troll-fest begin, and thank you to those who contribute useful info.

More about : sync matter 120fps 120hz 144fps 140hz

January 22, 2014 12:19:59 PM

I'd like to know if anyone did a triple monitor setup with 3 of these G-sync installed. And PLEASE, give us a full detailed report, thanks in advance! ^_^
m
0
l

Best solution

January 30, 2014 8:09:18 AM

Not sure if you're aware, but people using G-Sync as of right now is a very secluded audience because they are only in DIY kits for the ASUS 144Hz monitor and not readily available off the shelf, so your responds on this thread will be limited if any. I've seen one or two youtubers who are already putting their DIY G-Sync configurations to use and you might want to do the same if you want more information. Wish I could help you with your concern, but I'm still waiting for the G-Sync integrated monitors to be released. G-Sync will help no matter how many frames you get as it will keep your frames consistant, I'd imagine your 144Hz can be nice , but can fluctuate in heavier games like Assassin's Creed and such, where as G-Sync resolves issues like that.
Share
Related resources
January 30, 2014 11:41:21 AM

tmacg55 said:
Not sure if you're aware, but people using G-Sync as of right now is a very secluded audience because they are only in DIY kits for the ASUS 144Hz monitor and not readily available off the shelf, so your responds on this thread will be limited if any. I've seen one or two youtubers who are already putting their DIY G-Sync configurations to use and you might want to do the same if you want more information. Wish I could help you with your concern, but I'm still waiting for the G-Sync integrated monitors to be released. G-Sync will help no matter how many frames you get as it will keep your frames consistant, I'd imagine your 144Hz can be nice , but can fluctuate in heavier games like Assassin's Creed and such, where as G-Sync resolves issues like that.


Yeah, I'm looking at the new 27" PG278Q when it comes down a bit, but I'll be picking up a G-Sync module anyway this weekend.

I know they are few and far between, but I'm still hoping someone has some input they can lend here. I will definitely document and rate my experience from unboxing to install to playing.

From what I've read from other users on some other forums and reviews, it seems to have a positive impact regardless of frame rate, so that's enough for me to give myself the excuse needed to blow $200 on new gear!

(honestly, I just like getting new PC hardware in the mail)
m
0
l
January 31, 2014 9:55:36 AM

Christopher Shaffer said:
tmacg55 said:
Not sure if you're aware, but people using G-Sync as of right now is a very secluded audience because they are only in DIY kits for the ASUS 144Hz monitor and not readily available off the shelf, so your responds on this thread will be limited if any. I've seen one or two youtubers who are already putting their DIY G-Sync configurations to use and you might want to do the same if you want more information. Wish I could help you with your concern, but I'm still waiting for the G-Sync integrated monitors to be released. G-Sync will help no matter how many frames you get as it will keep your frames consistant, I'd imagine your 144Hz can be nice , but can fluctuate in heavier games like Assassin's Creed and such, where as G-Sync resolves issues like that.


Yeah, I'm looking at the new 27" PG278Q when it comes down a bit, but I'll be picking up a G-Sync module anyway this weekend.

I know they are few and far between, but I'm still hoping someone has some input they can lend here. I will definitely document and rate my experience from unboxing to install to playing.

From what I've read from other users on some other forums and reviews, it seems to have a positive impact regardless of frame rate, so that's enough for me to give myself the excuse needed to blow $200 on new gear!

(honestly, I just like getting new PC hardware in the mail)


Surely won't be disappointed with it.
m
0
l
January 31, 2014 1:57:04 PM

tmacg55 said:
Christopher Shaffer said:
tmacg55 said:
Not sure if you're aware, but people using G-Sync as of right now is a very secluded audience because they are only in DIY kits for the ASUS 144Hz monitor and not readily available off the shelf, so your responds on this thread will be limited if any. I've seen one or two youtubers who are already putting their DIY G-Sync configurations to use and you might want to do the same if you want more information. Wish I could help you with your concern, but I'm still waiting for the G-Sync integrated monitors to be released. G-Sync will help no matter how many frames you get as it will keep your frames consistant, I'd imagine your 144Hz can be nice , but can fluctuate in heavier games like Assassin's Creed and such, where as G-Sync resolves issues like that.


Yeah, I'm looking at the new 27" PG278Q when it comes down a bit, but I'll be picking up a G-Sync module anyway this weekend.

I know they are few and far between, but I'm still hoping someone has some input they can lend here. I will definitely document and rate my experience from unboxing to install to playing.

From what I've read from other users on some other forums and reviews, it seems to have a positive impact regardless of frame rate, so that's enough for me to give myself the excuse needed to blow $200 on new gear!

(honestly, I just like getting new PC hardware in the mail)


Surely won't be disappointed with it.


Ordered today with next morning shipping! Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow, but probably Monday!
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 6:22:22 PM

Christopher Shaffer said:
tmacg55 said:
Christopher Shaffer said:
tmacg55 said:
Not sure if you're aware, but people using G-Sync as of right now is a very secluded audience because they are only in DIY kits for the ASUS 144Hz monitor and not readily available off the shelf, so your responds on this thread will be limited if any. I've seen one or two youtubers who are already putting their DIY G-Sync configurations to use and you might want to do the same if you want more information. Wish I could help you with your concern, but I'm still waiting for the G-Sync integrated monitors to be released. G-Sync will help no matter how many frames you get as it will keep your frames consistant, I'd imagine your 144Hz can be nice , but can fluctuate in heavier games like Assassin's Creed and such, where as G-Sync resolves issues like that.


Yeah, I'm looking at the new 27" PG278Q when it comes down a bit, but I'll be picking up a G-Sync module anyway this weekend.

I know they are few and far between, but I'm still hoping someone has some input they can lend here. I will definitely document and rate my experience from unboxing to install to playing.

From what I've read from other users on some other forums and reviews, it seems to have a positive impact regardless of frame rate, so that's enough for me to give myself the excuse needed to blow $200 on new gear!

(honestly, I just like getting new PC hardware in the mail)


Surely won't be disappointed with it.


Ordered today with next morning shipping! Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow, but probably Monday!


Haha, sure you are excited. Keep me posted or upload some footage of it in action so I can take a look, appreciate it.
m
0
l