fx 8320 temperatures problem

AqUa24

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I had OC this CPU to 4.0. I want more but I read this should have ~62c. What is more important temperatures? Motherboard asus 970 r2.0, cooling silentumpc fortis

http://scr.hu/1m7o/a1229

20796if.jpg

The first one for "CPU" is actually the socket temp. The second one, "Package" is the actual core temp.

Package temp shouldn't go above 65/socket temp over 75

Usually they are linked about 10c difference anyway's when at load, so if one gets too high, the other is right behind.

Your motherboard doesn't have the best VRM's or VRM cooling so that's going to affect the socket temp. To overclock higher, you'd want a better board and lots of cooling. To get to 4.6 on my 8320, I had to put a fan on the back on my motherboard to cool the socket to keep it, and the VRM's cooler and let me push more voltage in, otherwise it gets too hot.

killakallies

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Definitly want to crank up the fan's on your R9 card as your temps are too high. Your CPU temp is right on the edge of being too high, as for VRM cooling a 40mm fan works nicely. Had to install one on my Sabertooth 990fx R2 in order to bring the vcore temps down after OC'ing my 8120 to 4.2Ghz.

With the Asus 970, I couldn't get above 4.1 or so without bluescreens. The VRM's just weren't up to the challenge. Upgraded to my current board, put the stock heatsink fan on the back on my motherboard, and can do 4.6 all day usually under 60c at a full load

svql.jpg

That's me rendering a 3D fractal for about 2 hours straight and my temps now.

Your case is a bit small and certainly doesn't look like enough fans.

For comparison, this is my case.

nmjh.jpg

There is a fan on the rear blowing out, fan on the bottom blowing in, 2 front fans blowing in, and my liquid cooling rad at the top with 2 fans pulling air out. All my cables are out of the way. All the fans were upgraded from the stock coolers or case fans. I also have a fan on the back of my socket. It took all this to get a decent temp and higher clock as well as going from the 970 to the 99FX motherboard.

Your good where you are at speed wise, maybe look at adding a few more fans. Look at doing a push/pull to CPU cooler, front fan, rear fan.

killakallies

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Does your case have any mounts for fans besides just the one in the back? If it does not you should look into purchasing a new case to provide you better airflow in the case. They can be picked up rather cheaply and even a cheap one will most likely feature more than just a single rear fan mount.

vmN

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Check out his GPU, it's a part of the r9 series, they are made to run at 95c.
So that is not a problem.

Latest posts