Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AMD A10-7850K APU system build.

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 23, 2014 7:38:13 AM

I want advice on this build, I want to know is there is anything irrelevant or if there are some better parts that I can add to it:

- AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core
-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
-Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper A88X ATX FM2+
-AMD Performance Edition (2 x 8GB) 1866
-Gigabyte Radeon R7 250 2GB
-Kingston SSD V300 Series 120GB
-Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM

I would like to hear it all.

Best solution

a b À AMD
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2014 7:50:14 AM

For the same price, but exponentially better performance:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ TigerDirect)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.97 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Red 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($179.29 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $874.21
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 10:49 EST-0500)
Share
a b À AMD
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2014 7:52:00 AM

The H60 is only about as good as the 212 EVO, and the 7850k is pointless if you're adding a graphics card. Got you a 760,which will do much better :)  Also got the RAM down, as 16 is overkill. The 8320 and 760 combo will destroy performance wise compared to the 7850k and 250.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 23, 2014 7:55:45 AM

HiTechObsessed said:
For the same price, but exponentially better performance:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ TigerDirect)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.97 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Red 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($179.29 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $874.21
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 10:49 EST-0500)


This looks quet good, is there and problem I might face with the FX series? on most forums it's been badly criticized.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2014 7:58:19 AM

The older FX series 81xx, 61xx, 41xx were bad, but the revised ones are much better. Especially when combined with a much more capable GPU like the 760.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 8:02:41 AM

HiTechObsessed said:
The older FX series 81xx, 61xx, 41xx were bad, but the revised ones are much better. Especially when combined with a much more capable GPU like the 760.


If I am to consider the FX wouldn't it be best for me to go for the 8350? and what configuration would be best for a PC that stays on for about 15hours a day.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2014 8:12:06 AM

The 8320 is the same exact chip as the 8350, just clocked lower out of the box because it is binned lower. The 8350 is already a very overclockable CPU, so the 8320 can (generally speaking) still be overclocked pretty well. To me, it's not worth the extra $50 for the same chip clocked higher, but it may be to you, there would be nothing wrong with getting the 8350.

And either one will be fine for running all day, the CM Hyper 212 EVO is a great cooler, so long as you're not increasing voltage by a stupid amount along with clock speeds. You'll be perfectly fine doing that with these chips.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 8:16:43 AM

HiTechObsessed said:
The 8320 is the same exact chip as the 8350, just clocked lower out of the box because it is binned lower. The 8350 is already a very overclockable CPU, so the 8320 can (generally speaking) still be overclocked pretty well. To me, it's not worth the extra $50 for the same chip clocked higher, but it may be to you, there would be nothing wrong with getting the 8350.

And either one will be fine for running all day, the CM Hyper 212 EVO is a great cooler, so long as you're not increasing voltage by a stupid amount along with clock speeds. You'll be perfectly fine doing that with these chips.


Thank you very much for your help...
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2014 8:19:25 AM

No problem, enjoy your build!
m
0
l
!