Solved

Building a gaming PC does this setup work?

hey im new to pc gaming and im trying to build one, ive got a decent parts list i got from newegg if you guys could chekc it out and see if everything is compatable that would be great:
PowerColor AX7850 2GBD5-2DHE/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 CrossFireX Support Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Sentey Optimus Extreme Division Tower Case - RED 3 x LED FAN / 1 120mm Rear FAN /2 x USB / Card Rdr / Fan Control /4 x

ASRock FM2A75 PRO4+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD FX-4130 Zambezi 3.8GHz Socket AM3+ Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4130FRGUBOX

WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM
32 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building gaming setup work
  1. no you have an AM3+ processor and the motherboard is FM2+. You will need an AM3+ motherboard to work with that CPU.

    just a suggestion here, since you already have an hd 7850 in the build, and the 4130 Zambezi chip is weak and old (Bulldozer). GET THE AMD A10-7850 APU! its a 4 core CPU that is probably better than the 4130's 4 cores. IT also has an hd7850 BUILT into the CPU! that APU is 180$ (much cheaper than the powercoler + fx4130 combo im sure)
  2. The motherboard is socket FM2 and your CPU is an AM3+ socket, would need to change the motherboard. And for just a couple dollars more, get the 4300 or 4350, they are the revision to the 41XX but are much better.

    The hard drive, I would save some money and just get the Caviar Blue or Red version, you don't get that much more performance for almost doubling the price.

    What's your overall budget?
  3. Don't get an APU if you're getting a discrete GPU. They are still gimpy on the processing power compared to other procs. Step up to the 6300 at least, 8150 or an i5 would be your best choices but they are about twice the price.
    As far as the GPU goes you might get the R9 270x which is the newer version of the card you picked.
  4. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACALP64-GT 25.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($8.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($112.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.67 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $644.43
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:17 EST-0500)
  5. HiTechObsessed said:
    The motherboard is socket FM2 and your CPU is an AM3+ socket, would need to change the motherboard. And for just a couple dollars more, get the 4300 or 4350, they are the revision to the 41XX but are much better.

    The hard drive, I would save some money and just get the Caviar Blue or Red version, you don't get that much more performance for almost doubling the price.

    What's your overall budget?


    i really dont know much at all when it comes to computer ive been a hardcoreconsole gamer untill recently this is my first build and i have 605 dollars to spend. if you (or anyone on this thread for that matter) make a better build for that money you should try to do it and let me know
  6. allocco91 said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACALP64-GT 25.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($8.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($112.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.67 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $644.43
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:17 EST-0500)


    can this play DayZ Arma 3 and Rust on good settings?
  7. Syclopz said:
    allocco91 said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACALP64-GT 25.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($8.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($112.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.67 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $644.43
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:17 EST-0500)


    can this play DayZ Arma 3 and Rust on good settings?


    On medium settings and 720p, yes. Arma 3 might tax it a little if you take it up to 1080p.
  8. Best answer
    No it cannot, that is an APU. This gets you a dedicated GPU, and will play those at lower resolutions just fine:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($102.59 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($32.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $601.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:41 EST-0500)
  9. HiTechObsessed said:
    No it cannot, that is an APU. This gets you a dedicated GPU, and will play those at lower resolutions just fine:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($102.59 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($32.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $601.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:41 EST-0500)


    is there anyway i can compare your 2 builds and get there proformance stacked up against each other?
  10. Well the 7850k runs Skyrim on Medium at about 35 FPS, while the 7790 will do Skyrim on Ultra with 8x AA at 45 fps or so. So the 7790 is a MUCH better option than the APU.
  11. It's personal preference. If you want a newer chipset that will have upgrade ability in the future, go with the 7850K. If you want to buy a budget build for the "here and now", take the 7790. Considering you play games that barely came out a month ago, I would think you wanted something that can be upgraded. The 7790 might be obsolete for games that are released a year from now, especially with 1GB of VRAM.
  12. But the APU performs much worse for more money...? If he wanted a new video card in a year, he could get a new video card, which would make the 7850k on the same ground essentially as the 4300. The 7790 would give him much better performance in the short term, with the same upgrade path for the long term.
  13. is the 7790 good for upgrading? is it in any of those 2 builds?
  14. It's in the build I put together for you. And if you upgrade, you'll most likely be upgrading the GPU.
  15. HiTechObsessed said:
    It's in the build I put together for you. And if you upgrade, you'll most likely be upgrading the GPU.


    well im going with yours, as long as it will work good for those games, wont immediatly be obsolete and i can easily purchase better parts for it.
  16. Syclopz said:
    HiTechObsessed said:
    It's in the build I put together for you. And if you upgrade, you'll most likely be upgrading the GPU.


    well im going with yours, as long as it will work good for those games, wont immediatly be obsolete and i can easily purchase better parts for it.


    It will be a better option for longer than the APU will at least lol

    And to upgrade the GPU, you just uninstall the drivers for the 7790, take it out of the case, and install the new one :) about as simple as it can be lol

    If you do decide to wait and save up a little, use any additional money to get a better GPU. Almost every game out now is more GPU bound, so the better the GPU, the better the performance :)
  17. HiTechObsessed said:
    No it cannot, that is an APU. This gets you a dedicated GPU, and will play those at lower resolutions just fine:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($102.59 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($32.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $601.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:41 EST-0500)


    HiTechObsessed said:
    Syclopz said:
    HiTechObsessed said:
    It's in the build I put together for you. And if you upgrade, you'll most likely be upgrading the GPU.


    well im going with yours, as long as it will work good for those games, wont immediatly be obsolete and i can easily purchase better parts for it.


    It will be a better option for longer than the APU will at least lol

    And to upgrade the GPU, you just uninstall the drivers for the 7790, take it out of the case, and install the new one :) about as simple as it can be lol

    If you do decide to wait and save up a little, use any additional money to get a better GPU. Almost every game out now is more GPU bound, so the better the GPU, the better the performance :)


    well i got another hundered for the budget so what can you do with 700?
  18. Syclopz said:
    HiTechObsessed said:
    No it cannot, that is an APU. This gets you a dedicated GPU, and will play those at lower resolutions just fine:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($102.59 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($32.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $601.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:41 EST-0500)


    HiTechObsessed said:
    Syclopz said:
    HiTechObsessed said:
    It's in the build I put together for you. And if you upgrade, you'll most likely be upgrading the GPU.


    well im going with yours, as long as it will work good for those games, wont immediatly be obsolete and i can easily purchase better parts for it.


    It will be a better option for longer than the APU will at least lol

    And to upgrade the GPU, you just uninstall the drivers for the 7790, take it out of the case, and install the new one :) about as simple as it can be lol

    If you do decide to wait and save up a little, use any additional money to get a better GPU. Almost every game out now is more GPU bound, so the better the GPU, the better the performance :)


    well i got another hundered for the budget so what can you do with 700?


    for 700 bucks you need a minimum of an FX 6300 and an HD 7870 (or higher ) or else you didn't spend it right. if you budget enough you could do an i5 build
  19. Beezy said:
    Syclopz said:
    HiTechObsessed said:
    No it cannot, that is an APU. This gets you a dedicated GPU, and will play those at lower resolutions just fine:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($102.59 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($32.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($97.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $601.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 14:41 EST-0500)


    HiTechObsessed said:
    Syclopz said:
    HiTechObsessed said:
    It's in the build I put together for you. And if you upgrade, you'll most likely be upgrading the GPU.


    well im going with yours, as long as it will work good for those games, wont immediatly be obsolete and i can easily purchase better parts for it.


    It will be a better option for longer than the APU will at least lol

    And to upgrade the GPU, you just uninstall the drivers for the 7790, take it out of the case, and install the new one :) about as simple as it can be lol

    If you do decide to wait and save up a little, use any additional money to get a better GPU. Almost every game out now is more GPU bound, so the better the GPU, the better the performance :)


    well i got another hundered for the budget so what can you do with 700?


    for 700 bucks you need a minimum of an FX 6300 and an HD 7870 (or higher ) or else you didn't spend it right. if you budget enough you could do an i5 build


    would it be better to have AMD or Intel?
    Can you work off this at all?
    AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX


    MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS


    XFX Double D FX-787A-CDFC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
  20. Intel would be best, but you won't get a good Intel CPU at that price point. Here's a build updated to reflect a $700 budget. Gets you the 270x, which will max everything out for the most part at 1080p:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($223.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($99.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $694.83
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 21:59 EST-0500)
  21. HiTechObsessed said:
    Intel would be best, but you won't get a good Intel CPU at that price point. Here's a build updated to reflect a $700 budget. Gets you the 270x, which will max everything out for the most part at 1080p:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($223.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($99.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $694.83
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 21:59 EST-0500)


    this is pretty well rounded, but in this case 2 x 4GB would be better (8GB RAM) and if you have to cut back the GPU to an HD 7870 (160-200$ on newegg right now, depending on brand and rebate). then you can afford 2 x 4GB hopefully at higher than 1333Mhz too (1600Mhz+)
  22. Dangit, completely forgot that build had 4GB in it originally lol thanks for spotting that. Build has been updated accordingly, to include a 270, so not much of a performance drop really at all:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.97 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($194.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($99.98 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $693.81
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 22:10 EST-0500)
  23. HiTechObsessed said:
    Dangit, completely forgot that build had 4GB in it originally lol thanks for spotting that. Build has been updated accordingly, to include a 270, so not much of a performance drop really at all:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.97 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($194.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($99.98 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $693.81
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 22:10 EST-0500)


    hey it says Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports
  24. Yeah that's fine, it just means you won't get USB in the front of your case. Had to make a couple sacrifices for your budget lol You will still have USB 3.0 in the back of the computer though :)
  25. sweet thanks a bunch man!!
  26. No problem, enjoy your build :)
  27. HiTechObsessed said:
    No problem, enjoy your build :)


    do you know if the case glows blue? im going to purchase a keyboard and mouse and in the picture of the case it has a blue glow coming from the inside and if it has built in lights the keyboard and mouse i get are going to have a blue backlight to them
  28. It has a blue LED fan in it that will give off a little blue light. It won't be overpowering by any means, but will match if your keyboard and mouse are blue. If you don't like the blue light, you can buy a cheap fan for like $5-$10 and replace it
  29. i ordered all the parts earlier today and i also bought a blue backlit keyboard and mouse combo off newegg
    but i heard about static electricity can fry your shit as your building it, how could i go about preventing that?
  30. Easiest way is to buy a static bracelet, but it's not needed. Just be sure to build on tile or wood flooring if possible, and touch the metal of your case every now and then. Also try not to touch the underside (backside) of the motherboard.

    It sounds bad, but these are easy to do, and parts these days are much more resistant to shock. For example, I built this computer on shag carpet lol As long as you're careful you won't have any problem.
  31. sweet. i got all my parts and 2 monitors do you know how i can hook them up together?
  32. The monitors? Just plug them both into the GPU. Check out LinusTechTips on YouTube, he has a great video you can use to follow along with building a computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming PC gaming Build Systems