i5 4570 vs amd fx 8350

So ...

You are trolling Tom's posting multiple threads about AMD/Intel CPUs ?

As noted in your other thread ...

In the over-whelming majority of games ... It's your video card that has the greatest impact on your FPS.

And ... without the context and budget of your overall build your question cannot be answered.

Also, as noted in your other thread, you are comparing unlocked AMD processors to locked Intel processors.

It's almost like you are trolling, or something.

Was about to say the same as Wisecracker.

Vedran if you genuinely want to know, it's worth looking up gaming benchmarks and see how they perform in the games you want to play. Remember you can only directly compare them if the benchmarks use the same graphics card, since that is the most likely factor determining your FPS.

In single-threaded tasks (many games) the 4570. If you overclock the 8350 you'll get similar single-threaded performance, and you'll already have better multi-threaded performance.

Vedran Lastric

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

well im sure that both cpus perform good in older games but the question is witch cpu will perform better in next gen games lets say like bf5 or cod ghosts 2 or something and i dont want to upgrade my cpu every year

It's difficult to say. At least with the 4670 it can often match the 8 cores of the FX in games, it's a pretty safe bet. However console ports may run better natively on 8 cores rather than a faster 4 cores. I'd say the safest bet at the moment is an intel 4 core with hyperthreading (Xeon 1230v3, i7 4xxx) since it has strong single-core performance for games that support up to 4 cores (current games) and newer ones that support up to 8. Having said that the hyperthreaded threads are weaker than physical cores.

TL;DR - An intel with hyperthreading would be the best choice. If not, then they're both potentially as good as each other, it's difficult to see into the future, especially with tech. :lol: The 4570 will be better in most current games, but it may change in future.

Vedran Lastric

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

so you are saying that amd fx 8350 is more future prof

I'm saying we don't know, future-proofing is a tricky subject. The new consoles have just released and they may or may not have a big impact on how games work on the PC.

You can't go wrong with either processor though, both will work fine in games. As wisecracker said earlier it's more about your GPU than your CPU anyway.

Not to be the 'downer' here ... but neither is really worth a damn **IN THE FUTURE** :lol:

The best upgrade you can hope for with AMD is a new-stepping Piledriver for AM3+. Intel Haswell is platform-limited at least until Broadwell-compatible motherboards are available.

And ... both are facing the reality of the DDR4 transition over the next year or two.

I think the appropriate term is "manufactured obsolescence"

:ouch:

Vedran Lastric

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

why would i troll