Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What is Bottleneck?

Tags:
  • Bottleneck
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
January 23, 2014 12:14:48 PM

Can someone please explain to me what bottleneck means?

More about : bottleneck

Best solution

January 23, 2014 12:19:16 PM

A bottleneck is when one of the components of your computer limits the performance because it isn't powerful enough. For example, If you get a $500 graphics card, but put in a $75 dual core pentium processor, games will lag because the processor isn't powerful enough to play the games. If you use an i5 processor instead, the games will be silky smooth because the processor is much more powerful
Share
January 23, 2014 12:28:48 PM

lucasz said:
A bottleneck is when one of the components of your computer limits the performance because it isn't powerful enough. For example, If you get a $500 graphics card, but put in a $75 dual core pentium processor, games will lag because the processor isn't powerful enough to play the games. If you use an i5 processor instead, the games will be silky smooth because the processor is much more powerful


I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz. Lets say I am getting a gtx 660 or anything similar to that would my computer "bottleneck" if I was playing a game like bf4 or something like that on high?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 23, 2014 12:34:29 PM

I doubt it, I am currently running a 560Ti on an e8400 and it's fine but a while ago I was running SLi'd 560ti's without any adverse affects that you would get with a severe "bottleneck".
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 12:40:53 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I doubt it, I am currently running a 560Ti on an e8400 and it's fine but a while ago I was running SLi'd 560ti's without any adverse affects that you would get with a severe "bottleneck".


Would you recommend me getting a gtx 660 then? I currently have a Radeon HD 3800.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 12:42:35 PM

Go for it as it's a definite upgrade.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 12:43:28 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Go for it as it's a definite upgrade.


Alright thankss!
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 12:46:06 PM

However, since games like BF4 are very cpu dependent, I would suggest saving up for a cpu upgrade after you buy the 660
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 12:56:36 PM

lucasz said:
However, since games like BF4 are very cpu dependent, I would suggest saving up for a cpu upgrade after you buy the 660


Whats a good cpu that would go with it and is relatively cheap?
m
0
l
!