Afraid to listen to another SMARTFRIEND
My firewall is down- Kaspersky won't help
Also Microsoft. I own my HP Pavilion Desktop & it came with Win 7 Hoime Premium
Then I bought BRAND new HP Laptop They could not setup network so they set up workgroup -
I am more concerned about getting registry back. Attepted Restore & did not work.
"Binah is a Damzel in Distress" Tom can u assist plz? I paid for tech support SMARTFRIEND & found that they are not so smart, and they'll just hang up on me.
A few things I see
1) You are afraid to listen to your SMARTFRIEND.
2) You have HP equipment.
3) your firewall is down.
4) You are looking to restore your registry.
did you ever backup that registry? what happens when you turn on this computer?
Thank you for your reply. No I did not back up Registry. I paid them spent weekends & endless hours. They won't touch the registry. I keep getting different people. They really have no idea beyond hardware issues.
1) Once I had an issue where Windows Media Center took over my Desktop like a TV screen. I asked for their help. They told me to create a new profile User Account. So finally I fixed that and Now I have doubles of everything. NO TRUST.
2. I think if I could Repair the registry by:
3. Computer Management
4. Registry Editor
5. Regidit (gets you there from start menu) forgive me but this is serious and one wrong move I'm Shot. Do you have Software Microsoft Qualifications?
6. If yes there must be a link with directions and the code is automatic once you go to START -Regedit- or command prompt
7. What say You?