HD 7850 BF4 FPS drops

C0MM4ND3r_CrUnCh

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Hi, I recently purchased a second HIS HD 7850 IceQ graphics card. I now have two with 2gb ddr5 each. My CPU is an FX 6300, and now, the fps is great, but it has lag spikes every 30 seconds or so. I just want to know if theres any way to fix this, thanks!

Solution
What resolution are you running at? If you are at 1440p or higher you could occasionally be hitting your VRAM limit. Otherwise I would do a driver resinstall and also reinstall BF4 as its updates commonly address GPU issues and with a recent change to your settings there can be a hiccup in the software somewhere.
What resolution are you running at? If you are at 1440p or higher you could occasionally be hitting your VRAM limit. Otherwise I would do a driver resinstall and also reinstall BF4 as its updates commonly address GPU issues and with a recent change to your settings there can be a hiccup in the software somewhere.

Solution

C0MM4ND3r_CrUnCh

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Hey, Im at 1080p, I'll maybe try repairing the install and see if that fixes it. Im also thinking that the new gpu could be breaking in a bit? I've only had it for a day

GPUs don't break it. It is either a heat issue or software, least likely is a faulty card. I would do a complete reinstall and not repair it, especially if you have decent internet as it won't take too long to download the game and updates again. I recommend uninstalling the game and drivers, restart your machine, download the drivers first, restart then download the game.

C0MM4ND3r_CrUnCh

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
K, ive already reinstalled the drivers when i installed the card. Its BF4, because bf3 runs fine. Ill just reinstall bf4, thanks!