Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will My CPU and GPU cause a bottleneck

Last response: in Components
Share
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:02:09 PM

I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.

More about : cpu gpu bottleneck

a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:06:23 PM

The weakest of the two I would say is the Athlon X4 750K
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:10:30 PM

littleleo said:
The weakest of the two I would say is the Athlon X4 750K


Would it cause any major performance problems? I havn't noticed anything major. I get screen tearing and have to use vsync in some games, but I'm pretty sure that's because of my monitor. It's a 60Hz 1600x900 20" monitor, so I think it's restricted to 60FPS.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:17:40 PM

DonnyTechMaster said:
I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.


Try GPU Z and see the gpu load
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:21:30 PM

whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.


Try GPU Z and see the gpu load


How would that help?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:29:26 PM

DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.


Try GPU Z and see the gpu load


How would that help?


When playing games , if the gpu load is not 100% , you ll see the % of the bottleneck. if the load is 80% , you have 20% bottleneck .Of course , no set limits for the frames per second in the game .
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:36:49 PM

whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.


Try GPU Z and see the gpu load


How would that help?


When playing games , if the gpu load is not 100% , you ll see the % of the bottleneck. if the load is 80% , you have 20% bottleneck .Of course , no set limits for the frames per second in the game .


Ok, so I got GPUZ, and ran my most GPU intensive game at the moment (Far Cry 3). My Gpu load was fluctuating around 96-98%. Is this bad, or do I not need to worry?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:42:47 PM

DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.


Try GPU Z and see the gpu load


How would that help?


When playing games , if the gpu load is not 100% , you ll see the % of the bottleneck. if the load is 80% , you have 20% bottleneck .Of course , no set limits for the frames per second in the game .


Ok, so I got GPUZ, and ran my most GPU intensive game at the moment (Far Cry 3). My Gpu load was fluctuating around 96-98%. Is this bad, or do I not need to worry?


Not bad , 2-4% bottleneck . so the cpu and the gpu is a good match .
Share
a b à CPUs
January 23, 2014 5:44:24 PM

whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.


Try GPU Z and see the gpu load


How would that help?


When playing games , if the gpu load is not 100% , you ll see the % of the bottleneck. if the load is 80% , you have 20% bottleneck .Of course , no set limits for the frames per second in the game .


Ok, so I got GPUZ, and ran my most GPU intensive game at the moment (Far Cry 3). My Gpu load was fluctuating around 96-98%. Is this bad, or do I not need to worry?


Not bad , 2-4% bottleneck . so the cpu and the gpu is a good match .


Thanks, it was just stressing me out a bit since I spent all of this money on these parts, and didn't really know a good way to test for a bottleneck. I will definitely use this in future builds! :D 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 10, 2014 3:29:33 PM

DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
whitecat said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
I have a Radeon HD 7850 GPU and a fm2 x4 750k CPU. What I want to know is will one of these two parts cause the other to bottleneck, and if so how could I compensate for it.


Try GPU Z and see the gpu load


How would that help?


When playing games , if the gpu load is not 100% , you ll see the % of the bottleneck. if the load is 80% , you have 20% bottleneck .Of course , no set limits for the frames per second in the game .


Ok, so I got GPUZ, and ran my most GPU intensive game at the moment (Far Cry 3). My Gpu load was fluctuating around 96-98%. Is this bad, or do I not need to worry?


Not bad , 2-4% bottleneck . so the cpu and the gpu is a good match .


Thanks, it was just stressing me out a bit since I spent all of this money on these parts, and didn't really know a good way to test for a bottleneck. I will definitely use this in future builds! :D 


The processor is a value model so you can't expect to high of a performance. A bottleneck of 2-4% is pretty good for your setup.
m
0
l
!