Solved

Looking for best PSU for my build

Hello i am looking for the best PSU for my build

My build

i7-4770k http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901

Asus maximus 6 Hero Motherboard http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131989

Krakken X60 CPU cooler http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146028

Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400/10 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Series http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146097

HDD WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200 RPM http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236624

SSD SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256gb http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147193

PSU: undecided

i want a power supply that can handle any graphic's cards configurations ( 2 way sli only wont do anything more )


i am waiting for the 790 to come out to finish this build i just want to make sure i will have enough power for anything i want to do in the future if i ever do plan on doing 2 way SLI

Thank you in advanced for your help and information its much appreciated
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about psu build
  1. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($202.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $202.98
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 20:44 EST-0500)


    Tier 1 Brands - The Most Powerful And Stable Components On The Market.

    Antec Signature
    Antec High Current Pro -1200w
    Antec HCP Platinum 1kW
    Cooler Master V series 700, 850, 1kW
    Corsair AX
    Enermax Galaxy
    Enermax Revolution
    EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W and 1300W
    Kingwin Lazer Platinum
    PCP&C TurboCool
    PCP&C Silencer Greater than 610 watt
    Sapphire Pure
    Seasonic X-Series
    Seasonic S12D/M12D
    Silverstone ZF (Etasis 85/75/56)
    Seventeam ST Greater than 600w (SSI, V2.91)
    Silverstone OP/DA Greater than 700 watt
    Silverstone ZM
    Ultra X3 Greater than 1000 watt
    XFX Black Edition
    XFX XXX Edition
    Zippy/Emacs SSL
    Zippy/Emacs GSM
    Zippy/Emacs PSL
    Zippy/Emacs HG2
    Zippy/Emacs HP2
  2. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($202.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $202.98
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 20:44 EST-0500)


    Tier 1 Brands - The Most Powerful And Stable Components On The Market.

    Antec Signature
    Antec High Current Pro -1200w
    Antec HCP Platinum 1kW
    Cooler Master V series 700, 850, 1kW
    Corsair AX
    Enermax Galaxy
    Enermax Revolution
    EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W and 1300W
    Kingwin Lazer Platinum
    PCP&C TurboCool
    PCP&C Silencer Greater than 610 watt
    Sapphire Pure
    Seasonic X-Series
    Seasonic S12D/M12D
    Silverstone ZF (Etasis 85/75/56)
    Seventeam ST Greater than 600w (SSI, V2.91)
    Silverstone OP/DA Greater than 700 watt
    Silverstone ZM
    Ultra X3 Greater than 1000 watt
    XFX Black Edition
    XFX XXX Edition
    Zippy/Emacs SSL
    Zippy/Emacs GSM
    Zippy/Emacs PSL
    Zippy/Emacs HG2
    Zippy/Emacs HP2




    This one right? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011

    and damn 1300 should be enough for anything huh?
  3. Yes it is!!!!!!!!
  4. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($239.99 @ Memory Express)
    Total: $239.99
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 20:52 EST-0500)
  5. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($239.99 @ Memory Express)
    Total: $239.99
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 20:52 EST-0500)


    Thank you i live near a memory express i will be getting this one thanks!
  6. Your very welcome.
  7. Keep in mind that we actually don't know the specs and power requirements of the Gtx 790. It is supposedly a dual gpu card and if Nvidia keeps its TDP below 300w like rumored, then a 1000w power supply would be plenty. It is still best to wait for the Gtx 790 is appear on the market before making a choice. Because the 790 is a dual card gpu, adding another for SLI will mean 4 cards which isn't know for very well scaling. I would much rather have 3 or 2 more power cards than 4. As i said, it is still better to wait for the 790 is come out before making a deicision.
  8. airplanegeek said:
    Keep in mind that we actually don't know the specs and power requirements of the Gtx 790. It is supposedly a dual gpu card and if Nvidia keeps its TDP below 300w like rumored, then a 1000w power supply would be plenty. It is still best to wait for the Gtx 790 is appear on the market before making a choice. Because the 790 is a dual card gpu, adding another for SLI will mean 4 cards which isn't know for very well scaling. I would much rather have 3 or 2 more power cards than 4. As i said, it is still better to wait for the 790 is come out before making a deicision.


    Yes I guess my post was a little confusing what i really plan on doing is Getting 1 790 assuming it will be the best Graphics card on the market (by Nvidia) like the 690 is ( its a little faster than the 780 ti )

    And Assuming it will be Compatible with Nvida Gsync Because i plan on getting this Monitor The ROG Swift PG278Q
    http://rog.asus.com/296652014/news/rog-announces-the-pg278q-swift-27-inch-wqhd-g-sync-gaming-monitor/

    So that being said will the card run as x16 on my Asus Maximus 6 Hero motherboard or will it run as x8x8 like SLI would?

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/
  9. PCI Express 3.0 x16
    2(x16 or at dual x8)
  10. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    PCI Express 3.0 x16
    2(x16 or at dual x8)


    Ok so if i only plan on getting 1 790 it will run at x16 on pcie 3.0 correct? im kind of confused by what you said lol

    And since its a dual GPU it wont act like SLI and make it x8x8?
  11. Ok so if i only plan on getting 1 790 it will run at x16 on pcie 3.0 correct? YES
  12. Ya internally its still split into x8 and x8, not that it matters. PCIe 3.0 x4 is enough for any graphics out there
  13. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Ok so if i only plan on getting 1 790 it will run at x16 on pcie 3.0 correct? YES


    Thanks both of you guys for your Help, information and your time its greatly appreciated i am a noob and learning :)
  14. Glad to assist.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Graphics Cards Power Supplies Motherboards Systems