Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Rate this Gaming PC

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
January 23, 2014 6:13:23 PM

I was curious as to how this build would play modern AAA games. Like what kind of fps I would get on what settings. Games like Battlefield 4, Bioshock Infinite, Planetside 2 etc.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Morbuzka/saved/3w9e

More about : rate gaming

a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2014 6:16:03 PM

Low to medium settings at best.

The Faster the RAM in the A series chips the more significant boost the video card gets. Using 2133 DDR3 will make a big difference.

I personally would go with the 7xxx chip at most, and the 6800k at least. Completely avoid the 5xxx. They are pretty dated already, almost a 25% boost in the new APUs.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 6:16:23 PM

not very good. that's a budget pc that will play games at low settings. im an amd fan but for games you need to get away from the apus and get a cpu plus graphics card
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2014 6:17:43 PM

If you're not planning on using a GPU, then it probably won't be able to play the games you mentioned very well. I suggest getting something from the Radeon series, because they are relatively cheap for the performance. I use a Radeon HD 7850, and it works very well. I recommend you get a GPU instead of this CPU with integrated graphics.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2014 6:26:39 PM

PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GvTT

You will need Windows too, don't forget.


Let's just say (I'm not gonna use the word) I can get it for free :) 



The "Free" versions of Windows 8 and 7 are very unstable. Especially 8. Not recommended for gaming.

However; Ubuntu is 13.10 and SteamOS are very promising, they just don't have all the supported new games (yet).
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 6:28:03 PM

DonnyTechMaster said:
If you're not planning on using a GPU, then it probably won't be able to play the games you mentioned very well. I suggest getting something from the Radeon series, because they are relatively cheap for the performance. I use a Radeon HD 7850, and it works very well. I recommend you get a GPU instead of this CPU with integrated graphics.


Not like it's much better but the CPU has an integrated Radeon 7770d 1gb ghz edition
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2014 6:29:33 PM

Alec Mowat said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GvTT

You will need Windows too, don't forget.


Let's just say (I'm not gonna use the word) I can get it for free :) 



The "Free" versions of Windows 8 and 7 are very unstable. Especially 8. Not recommended for gaming.

However; Ubuntu is 13.10 and SteamOS are very promising, they just don't have all the supported new games (yet).


If you are not experienced with Linux I don't suggest this. It will work but installing drivers is such a pain, and some graphics drivers are not supported by Linux. I do agree that SteamOS is promising, but it's just not quite there yet.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 6:31:06 PM

Alec Mowat said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GvTT

You will need Windows too, don't forget.


Let's just say (I'm not gonna use the word) I can get it for free :) 



The "Free" versions of Windows 8 and 7 are very unstable. Especially 8. Not recommended for gaming.

However; Ubuntu is 13.10 and SteamOS are very promising, they just don't have all the supported new games (yet).


Well, those 'free' 'versions' of Windows are not versions they are just obtained in a not-very-reputable illegitimate way. lol
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2014 6:33:25 PM

PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GvTT

You will need Windows too, don't forget.


Let's just say (I'm not gonna use the word) I can get it for free :) 



The "Free" versions of Windows 8 and 7 are very unstable. Especially 8. Not recommended for gaming.

However; Ubuntu is 13.10 and SteamOS are very promising, they just don't have all the supported new games (yet).


Well, those 'free' 'versions' of Windows are not versions they are just obtained in a not-very-reputable illegitimate way. lol


Have to agree, those pira... I mean "free" versions tend to be unstable, and also most will find out after a few updates that your version of windows is not genuine, and will shut the OS down.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 6:35:43 PM

DonnyTechMaster said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GvTT

You will need Windows too, don't forget.


Let's just say (I'm not gonna use the word) I can get it for free :) 



The "Free" versions of Windows 8 and 7 are very unstable. Especially 8. Not recommended for gaming.

However; Ubuntu is 13.10 and SteamOS are very promising, they just don't have all the supported new games (yet).


Well, those 'free' 'versions' of Windows are not versions they are just obtained in a not-very-reputable illegitimate way. lol


Have to agree, those pira... I mean "free" versions tend to be unstable, and also most will find out after a few updates that your version of windows is not genuine, and will shut the OS down.


Well my school has a bunch of Windows codes on the sides of the computers I might get me a free Windows Vista 32 bit lol
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2014 6:37:34 PM

PowerReef said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GvTT

You will need Windows too, don't forget.


Let's just say (I'm not gonna use the word) I can get it for free :) 



The "Free" versions of Windows 8 and 7 are very unstable. Especially 8. Not recommended for gaming.

However; Ubuntu is 13.10 and SteamOS are very promising, they just don't have all the supported new games (yet).


Well, those 'free' 'versions' of Windows are not versions they are just obtained in a not-very-reputable illegitimate way. lol


Have to agree, those pira... I mean "free" versions tend to be unstable, and also most will find out after a few updates that your version of windows is not genuine, and will shut the OS down.


Well my school has a bunch of Windows codes on the sides of the computers I might get me a free Windows Vista 32 bit lol


Sorry, it doesn't work that way, and why would anyone want Vista anyway? I thought that abomination was crushed years ago, but now you telling me people still use it! Ugh, I'm repulsed at the thought lol.
Share
January 23, 2014 6:39:50 PM

DonnyTechMaster said:
PowerReef said:
DonnyTechMaster said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
PowerReef said:
Alec Mowat said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GvTT

You will need Windows too, don't forget.


Let's just say (I'm not gonna use the word) I can get it for free :) 



Yes I believe they were bought in absurd bulk for the district so I guess vista gets the job done, it's not like someone will be able to play games on it anyway

The "Free" versions of Windows 8 and 7 are very unstable. Especially 8. Not recommended for gaming.

However; Ubuntu is 13.10 and SteamOS are very promising, they just don't have all the supported new games (yet).


Well, those 'free' 'versions' of Windows are not versions they are just obtained in a not-very-reputable illegitimate way. lol


Have to agree, those pira... I mean "free" versions tend to be unstable, and also most will find out after a few updates that your version of windows is not genuine, and will shut the OS down.


Well my school has a bunch of Windows codes on the sides of the computers I might get me a free Windows Vista 32 bit lol


Sorry, it doesn't work that way, and why would anyone want Vista anyway? I thought that abomination was crushed years ago, but now you telling me people still use it! Ugh, I'm repulsed at the thought lol.


m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2014 6:41:30 PM

Windows Vista is the worst operating system known to man.

You will need at least Windows 7 to get any reasonable use from a brand new setup.

On top of that, 32 bit is completely useless for your setup.

Ubuntu is worth the pain and suffering over Vista. It's at least usable.
m
0
l
January 23, 2014 7:07:51 PM

Alec Mowat said:
Windows Vista is the worst operating system known to man.

You will need at least Windows 7 to get any reasonable use from a brand new setup.

On top of that, 32 bit is completely useless for your setup.

Ubuntu is worth the pain and suffering over Vista. It's at least usable.


I might not have made it too obvious that I was joking but yeah vista is terrible
m
0
l
!