MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) expansion card needs 5V 4pin socket

percepts

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
just bought a HGST Touro Mobile Pro USB external drive. Problem is that HP G5350UK has only USB 2 ports. In theory this should be OK with the xternal drive I bought but copy fails after about 1.8GB of data drive and PC locks up. Don't know why.
USB2 ports are 500Ma and I've been told they may need 700Ma for what is essentially a mobile hard drive.

So I;m looking to buy a USB3 expansion card but the one I'm looking at needs a 5V 4pin connector on the motherboard. Phoned HP and they are no help. Checked all specs for the motherboard and can't see anything but some photos show a connector for expansion card.

Does anyone know if the MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) has a 5V 4pin connector for a PCI Express x1 card available?
Specs say it has Three PCI-E x1 connectors (one for each slot I guess) but doesn't say what power they are.

Or better yet if the copy problem can be resolved without a new card.
All drivers checked and Windows 7 64bit says all are current.

Would BIOS update (if available) make a difference?

Thanks

Solution

Just as a follow up on this,

It turns out I had some corrupt files on my PC hard drive that were the cause of the copy failure. A few bad sectors on hard drive.

This is curious because I thought S.M.A.R.T. took care of this automatically. However, I ran chkdsk with /F /V /R parameters overnight and it fixed the bad sector problem.and copy works now.

percepts

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

the MB doesn't have anything USB3 on it as far as I know and there is nothing in specs about 20 pin connector

percepts

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

Just as a follow up on this,

It turns out I had some corrupt files on my PC hard drive that were the cause of the copy failure. A few bad sectors on hard drive.

This is curious because I thought S.M.A.R.T. took care of this automatically. However, I ran chkdsk with /F /V /R parameters overnight and it fixed the bad sector problem.and copy works now.

Solution