Solved

FX 8350 Temps too high??

Tags:
  • Overdrive
  • AMD
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
January 24, 2014 11:19:46 AM

Hey, AMD Overdrive is saying my 8350 temps are around 29C on startup and idle, but they keep jumping from 29C to 49C. is this accurate? can the cpu really do this or is AMD Overdrive unreliable? There must be a problem because Overdrive also reports that core1 goes down to -240C and Core 4 goes up to 224C

also HWmonitor reports that when I browse the web its around 30C and when i play videos games like DayZ its around 50C to 59C

Are these temps okay because i have a Hyper TX3 heatsink with two fans on it and ive checked the thermal paste, and there are only slight changes of around 2-3C.

Thanks.

More about : 8350 temps high

Best solution

a c 103 À AMD
a c 217 à CPUs
January 24, 2014 11:22:53 AM

AMD cpu's usually idle very low and don't report temps properly until they hit 30. 30c is normal surfing, mild usage temps. Gaming 50-59c is ok.

Now it depends if you are reading the core temps or socket temps. HWmonitor does show both. Normally max for CPU is 65, socket is 75c. The socket is usually around 10c hotter than the core at load, so it works out that the maxes usually get hit at the same time.

Case air flow and fans have a big impact too. It doesn't matter what cooler you have, if that heat isn't get out of the case or new fresh air isn't brought in, that heat stays in there regardless of thermal paste or how big the heatsink is.
a b à CPUs
January 24, 2014 11:23:05 AM

Your temperatures are fine.
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2014 11:29:39 AM

getochkn said:
AMD cpu's usually idle very low and don't report temps properly until they hit 30. 30c is normal surfing, mild usage temps. Gaming 50-59c is ok.

Now it depends if you are reading the core temps or socket temps. HWmonitor does show both. Normally max for CPU is 65, socket is 75c. The socket is usually around 10c hotter than the core at load, so it works out that the maxes usually get hit at the same time.

Case air flow and fans have a big impact too. It doesn't matter what cooler you have, if that heat isn't get out of the case or new fresh air isn't brought in, that heat stays in there regardless of thermal paste or how big the heatsink is.

Hey thanks for your reply, but how do i know if im reading the socket or the CPU on HWmonitor?
m
l
a c 103 À AMD
a c 217 à CPUs
January 24, 2014 11:40:38 AM

I think in HW monitor it's called package for the core temp, and the CPU temp listed under the motheboard is the socket temp.
m
l
January 24, 2014 11:44:18 AM

getochkn said:
I think in HW monitor it's called package for the core temp, and the CPU temp listed under the motheboard is the socket temp.

thanks
m
l