FX-6300 & HWMonitor Readings

JP20Boss

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
So I have an FX-6300 @ 4.02GHz and I'm using HWMonitor to check the temperatures. I've been all over the forums trying to get a definite answer about this but I guess I'm still having trouble understanding. The max temps here are the result of playing for about 25-30 minutes on Battlefield 3 at nearly maxed settings. Are these temperatures safe? I understand the FX cores have wonky sensors or something and I'm not sure which of these readings is the socket or exactly how the socket temperature will relate to the CPU temperature.

4Tootir.png

Solution
What I understood from the pic, that the temps are just fine on load, nothing to be worried about.

I think TMPIN0/1/2 are the cores of the CPU and AMD FX-6300(Package) is the main CPU.

And I think the readings are just fine not abnormal, all the censors of MB/CPU are working fine.

When a CPU gets hot the cores gets hot too this is also normal.
What I understood from the pic, that the temps are just fine on load, nothing to be worried about.

I think TMPIN0/1/2 are the cores of the CPU and AMD FX-6300(Package) is the main CPU.

And I think the readings are just fine not abnormal, all the censors of MB/CPU are working fine.

When a CPU gets hot the cores gets hot too this is also normal.

Solution

thebadkarma

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Btw I know theres a lot of confusion on what the TMPIN0/1/2 are, as it differs between motherboards. I found out by downloading HWINFO. It gives a very detailed information of every component on your computer and will tell you exactly what tmpin0 1 2 are.

JP20Boss

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

Thanks for the tip :D I'll go ahead and download that and see what I find :)