Solved

FX 8350 Holding "back" gpu's?

I've seen many benchmarks and tests and many people saying that the I7 4770K is better than fx 8350 not in multitasking but in gaming, my question is, by logic, is my fx 8350 kind of "Pushing back" the power of my 2 hd 7970 6g? I mean, not using it's total horsepower, or as an AMD cpu and GPu they will work better together?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8350 holding back gpu
  1. Best answer
    FX 8350 will not hold back any single-GPU of the market. Low quality psu would do that though...
  2. tonyzet said:
    FX 8350 will not hold back any single-GPU of the market. Low quality psu would do that though...


    But we could say that an I4770k for gaming is better, right?
  3. It costs $100 more, but it has much more powerful cores , as well as less power consumption and heat. FX 8350 is more than good enough for gaming though
  4. Tonyzet is right. But unless I misread your post, are you running 7970s in CF?
  5. barto said:
    Tonyzet is right. But unless I misread your post, are you running 7970s in CF?

    Yes, 2 HD 7970's TOxic Edition GHz Edition 6gb each OC'd
  6. Well, for CF, the 8350 will hold back the 7970s back. You could overclock, if you haven't already. That will help.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crossfire-sli-scaling-bottleneck,3471-12.html
  7. barto said:
    Well, for CF, the 8350 will hold back the 7970s back. You could overclock, if you haven't already. That will help.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crossfire-sli-scaling-bottleneck,3471-12.html


    I overclocked to 4.4ghz now I'm going to raise up to 4.6 ghz, maybe the voltage should be at 1.45.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs CPUs