Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Geforce GT 640m has been overtaken by Intel HD 4000. Could use some advice.

Tags:
  • Low FPS
  • Intel
  • Games
  • Graphics Cards
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 25, 2014 1:09:36 PM

Hey There.

So my fps in games dropped really sudden for 5 days ago, so I thought that I might had to update my graphic card. That didn't help, so then I just formatted my pc (since it had been along time since I did that). However that didn't help either. I have an Aspire 3-571g btw.

So I ran a little test where I deactivated my integrated intel card to force the Geforce card to work, however that resulted in after my restart that I could play any games at all.

It would be lovely if somebody had a fix for this, as I said before I have updated my graphic card so it's not that.

Best Regards and thanks in advance.

Ohh and here is my specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz 73 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Acer VA50_HC_CR (U3E1)
Graphics
Standard PnP-skærm (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
698GB Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 (SATA) 44 °C
Optical Drives
PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD11RS
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

More about : geforce 640m overtaken intel 4000 advice

a b å Intel
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2014 1:44:49 PM

Enter NVIDIA Control Panel
3D Settings
Tab Global Settings
Preferred Graphics Processor
Select High performance NVIDIA processor

as far as i remmember , because i have turned off mine GT 520MX
m
0
l
January 25, 2014 2:12:25 PM

whitecat said:
Enter NVIDIA Control Panel
3D Settings
Tab Global Settings
Preferred Graphics Processor
Select High performance NVIDIA processor

as far as i remmember , because i have turned off mine GT 520MX


Hey, I already did that and it didn't work :/  Got anymore suggestions?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 25, 2014 2:17:09 PM

It's weird cause when I'm using MSI Afterburner the GPU goes up when I'm playing a game, but still low fps on 8-11... It would be wonderfull if somebody had a fix.
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2014 2:26:26 PM

Kasper Jakobsen said:
It's weird cause when I'm using MSI Afterburner the GPU goes up when I'm playing a game, but still low fps on 8-11... It would be wonderfull if somebody had a fix.


If you rightclick on a game icon , properties ->Run with graphics processor-> High Performance NVIDIA processor
(as i remember , dont want to turn on mine now)
What happens ?
m
0
l
January 25, 2014 2:42:12 PM

Can't see anywhere in the properties where the "Run with graphics processor" is. Some assistance would be appreciated :) 
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2014 2:56:37 PM

Kasper Jakobsen said:
Can't see anywhere in the properties where the "Run with graphics processor" is. Some assistance would be appreciated :) 


Remove the driver of GT 640M and from the laptop at all - you ll be asked . Restart . Install the default driver from the DVD you ve got.

i see this on my laptop - Run with graphics processor->High performance NVIDIA processor
m
0
l
January 25, 2014 3:01:25 PM

whitecat said:

Remove the driver of GT 640M and from the laptop at all - you ll be asked . Restart . Install the default driver from the DVD you ve got.

i see this on my laptop - Run with graphics processor->High performance NVIDIA processor


I unfortunate don't have the dvd, since I'm not located at my home right now, do does it still work if I just use the manual download on Nvidia website?
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2014 3:10:16 PM

Kasper Jakobsen said:
whitecat said:

Remove the driver of GT 640M and from the laptop at all - you ll be asked . Restart . Install the default driver from the DVD you ve got.

i see this on my laptop - Run with graphics processor->High performance NVIDIA processor


I unfortunate don't have the dvd, since I'm not located at my home right now, do does it still work if I just use the manual download on Nvidia website?


there are mainly new ones and heavy . Dont you have application on the laptop for installing drivers . i ve got Easy Soft Manager of Samsung .it installs driver kinda 268.
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2014 3:25:52 PM

Or cant you roll back the system to a previous date ?!

As for drivers , the manufacturer site should provide them online.
m
0
l
!