Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

MSI Z77A G45 i5 3570K Core Voltage

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 25, 2014 4:35:57 PM

Hey, im kinda new to overclocking but when ever i set my core voltage to 1.25v in the bios and i save it, in windows it becomes 1.3160 volts. I have a core clock of 4.5Ghz and i have no idea why this is happening, im using a Corsair H100i to cool and the max temp i have got is 63 degrees and the lowest is 23 degrees. Any help is very much appreciated
a b K Overclocking
January 25, 2014 5:31:00 PM

Are you sure that you aren't seeing vtt voltage in windows as opposed to vcore. Don't no what program you are using to monitor temps in windows but I like HWMonitor
m
0
l
January 25, 2014 5:41:01 PM

OllieOxenFree said:
Are you sure that you aren't seeing vtt voltage in windows as opposed to vcore. Don't no what program you are using to monitor temps in windows but I like HWMonitor


Yeah in HWMonitor im getting 1.321 V as well
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
January 25, 2014 5:47:34 PM

Just to be sure, you are saying it is showing 1.321v on Vcore in hardware monitor... Is there a setting anywhere in your bios to automatically manage voltages. Try disabling CPU turbo and EIST just as a check to see if your voltages drop.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
January 25, 2014 9:29:52 PM

You need to turn off the auto voltages and offset voltages. Turn all that garbage to disabled or set it to a very low variable.

You need to do a little more research to understand the various bios items. If you post your bios settings I will try to help.

From my experience ivy bridge will always ask for more voltage than it needs to be stable, unless you limit it manually. It's important to fine tune the overclock so you aren't sending too much.

Is that 63 under full load? I would set voltages right before doing much stress testing
m
0
l
January 26, 2014 8:15:01 AM

Adroid said:
You need to turn off the auto voltages and offset voltages. Turn all that garbage to disabled or set it to a very low variable.

You need to do a little more research to understand the various bios items. If you post your bios settings I will try to help.

From my experience ivy bridge will always ask for more voltage than it needs to be stable, unless you limit it manually. It's important to fine tune the overclock so you aren't sending too much.

Is that 63 under full load? I would set voltages right before doing much stress testing


Heres a few screenshots i took in the OS using Clickbios

http://imgur.com/a/QzbCI

m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2014 12:49:15 PM

I would never use a windows overclocking tool, ever. You have alot of voltages left on auto - it's no wonder that it spikes over 1.3V. You also have RAM voltage on auto, amoung other things.

I personally go into BIOS and set things where they should be, it's a "safer" way to do it in my opinion.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2014 1:05:08 PM

Yes uses bios for overclocks!!! Get rid of vdroop. Manually enter core, vtt and ram voltages
m
0
l
January 26, 2014 2:14:00 PM

I lowered everything and it wasn't able to boot
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2014 2:28:49 PM

Ash Cloud said:
I lowered everything and it wasn't able to boot


Welcome to the world of OCing. Read some tech write-ups and overclocking guides so you can understand the setting and what they do. Then, enjoy trying to squeeze the extra power out of your PC while trying to maintain stability. Your makin me want to build something new so I can go through the joys of Ocing something I haven't already figured the ins and outs on!
m
0
l
January 26, 2014 2:30:35 PM

OllieOxenFree said:
Ash Cloud said:
I lowered everything and it wasn't able to boot


Welcome to the world of OCing. Read some tech write-ups and overclocking guides so you can understand the setting and what they do. Then, enjoy trying to squeeze the extra power out of your PC while trying to maintain stability. Your makin me want to build something new so I can go through the joys of Ocing something I haven't already figured the ins and outs on!


Haha can you give me some pointers on what i should lower and keep normal?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2014 3:20:14 PM

Ive got just the thing for you. Someone already wrote up a guide for your chipset and cpu
http://www.overclock.net/t/1247413/ivy-bridge-overclock...
Share
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2014 4:07:20 PM

There is probably hundreds of guides on the net. Please start there. It's easier for you to google than it is for us to write a guide.

If you still have trouble come back and post we will try to help.
m
0
l
!