Solved

$500 Budget Gaming PC (OS needed) - NEED HELP -

Im looking to build my first PC. I was thinking about a Cyberpower since im only 13 and i dont know if i am ready to build a PC. But i might as well give it a shot. My budget is $500 and a OS needs to be included. Thanks so much in advance.

Looking to play games such as Gmod, Minecraft, and DayZ

OS NEEDED
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 500 budget gaming needed
  1. you can start from here
    dual core haswell
    2x 4GB ram
    7770 GHZ
    good luck :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.97 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi B85S3+ Ver. 6.x Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($61.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.67 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($95.38 @ Newegg)
    Case: Enermax ECA3290A-G ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $503.95
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 21:52 EST-0500)
  2. That leaves $400 for the components and I hate to tell you this but it's really not possible to build a "gaming" pc for $400 that will play dayz
  3. AMD radeon's build will work
  4. AMD Radeon said:
    you can start from here
    dual core haswell
    2x 4GB ram
    7770 GHZ
    good luck :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.97 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi B85S3+ Ver. 6.x Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($61.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.67 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($95.38 @ Newegg)
    Case: Enermax ECA3290A-G ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $503.95
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 21:52 EST-0500)


    Could this run Gmod and Minecraft.
  5. yes, you can even play BF4 at moderate setting
  6. AMD Radeon said:
    yes, you can even play BF4 at moderate setting


    Whats the upgrade path like?
  7. swap pentium to i5 4570 haswell
    swap GPU to much powerful one, like Radeon 270X or 280X
    swap PSU to higher capacity Corsair CX 600
  8. AMD Radeon said:
    swap pentium to i5 4570 haswell
    swap GPU to much powerful one, like Radeon 270X or 280X
    swap PSU to higher capacity Corsair CX 600


    how does this cpu stack up against the fx - 6300
  9. Would it be worth it to swap out the 7770 for a 7850?
  10. hmmm... we are talking about $400 budget dont we? you have to state your max budget, otherwise we will end up at $700 build
  11. maybe the A10-7850 isn't such a bad idea for his budget...
  12. Beezy said:
    maybe the A10-7850 isn't such a bad idea for his budget...


    That's what I was thinking. FM2+ would be cheaper now and less expensive to upgrade in the future as well.
  13. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($48.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($61.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cougar Solution (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $503.84
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 23:36 EST-0500)
  14. ScrewySqrl said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($48.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($61.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cougar Solution (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $503.84
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 23:36 EST-0500)


    I would go with this one. It gives you a little more processing power and your GPU won't be bottlenecked by the CPU. For $70 more you could upgrade to a gtx660 though.
  15. zeph_yr said:
    ScrewySqrl said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($48.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($61.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.94 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cougar Solution (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $503.84
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-25 23:36 EST-0500)


    I would go with this one. It gives you a little more processing power and your GPU won't be bottlenecked by the CPU. For $70 more you could upgrade to a gtx660 though.


    Thanks so much
  16. Look for Micro Center nearby. FX4130 + motherboard = $80 you can't beat the deal. And get GTX 660 for $160 and you can game at ultra game settings.

    Best build for dirt cheap:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2HKFx
  17. I would wait until you have atleast 600$ before buying a new rig. you don't want those old gen low end cards. get at least a gtx 700 series+ or r9 270+
  18. otherwise you will be disappointed with all these new games coming out i promise you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Cyberpower Build Systems