r9 270 (CF in the future) or single gtx 760

bhuvanesh123

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Hello,

Here in India the R9 270(Not x) is about 245$. and the GTX 760 is around 340$. I have always been an Nvidia user, simply because its hassle free.

I am fairly interested in getting an AMD for a change, and primarily for the ability to overclock(nvidia only gpu boost allowed, correct me if i m wrong).

The question, my friend had gotten an AMD 7870 around an year back. so when i went and played a few games on it, i noticed some sort of lack of fludity in gaming(CS Global offensive, BF 3), ofcourse in benchmarks it shows average fps really good, but for some reason it micro-stuttered for even a single card I presumed it was the drivers. So has the drivers improved or something for the single card solution? or should i jus stick with the more reliable nvidia.

Also i may want to CF R9 270 in the future(is it possible?).

Please give honest opinion, no fanboys please. its my 3 month salary.

The xfire drivers are much better than befor as well as their drivers in general. Havent had any issues with crossfire.

I would say go for the better card from the start, youll have more options in the future for more performance.

Maybe a 280x isnt a bad choice either and should outperform the 760

bhuvanesh123

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

I play on 1600*900 on my monitor, and 2560x1440 with tv tuner on it..... so i may switch to that back and forth if i wanna play with more involvement.
And yes i know gtx 760 is not worth that much more, but because of the micro-stutter issue is present in AMD(its there because i saw it myself), i may reconsider.... can you address that question too.....

bhuvanesh123

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

I dont have that much money man..... i'll get another r9 270 probably in next 4-6 months..... and if the new drivers are better then i guess r9 270 would be a better solution for the money..... and CF in the future can kickass i presume.....

bhuvanesh123

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

Thankyou man..... i jus have this strange 'dont do it man' feeling after seeing the bad stuttering(even for a single GPU) last year.. Nvidia has always been hassle free, pay a little more and live happily